Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Charity Walks Up Ben Nevis
This page about charity walks on Ben Nevis provides some worthwhile information which you should read before getting involved.
Ben Nevis attracts a large number of people wanting to become involved in charitable events, either by competing the Three Peaks Challenge or simply getting to the top of the highest point in the United Kingdom.
Whilst welcoming access onto the mountain, the Nevis Partnership is becoming increasingly aware of the issues of poorly managed charity events and the negative impacts they may have on the mountain and in the access points located in Glen Nevis, as well as the need to manage the sheer volume of events now being delivered.
In order to manage these issues the Nevis Partnership is supporting the development of an events register so that we may, together, start to reduce the negative impacts of such events by identifying issues in advance and managing out the problems in consultation with event planners.
All events with 12 or more persons should be registering their event with the Glen Nevis visitor centre manager. In addition event organisers can then identify any additional services or support they may need to help with their planning. For example, the use of the Glen Nevis visitor centre grounds for hosting marquee’s or radio tents, the supply of waste skips for the effective removal of event rubbish, additional hours to be made available for the operation of the public toilets on site in the Glen.
All of these services can then be agreed in advance and managed by all the organisations involved in the delivery of any event.
Please note, with regard data protection:
The register will be available publicly and on demand so that all organisations or individuals wishing to book events onto Ben Nevis can have the opportunity to choose an appropriate time with regard whatever other events maybe being planned. By placing your event information on the register it will be made available to the general public.
- Moorings HotelCelebrated as one of the most popular hotels in Fort William, the Moorings Hotel is a hidden gem, located just five minutes drive from Fort William town centre but a million miles away from every day hustle and bustle.Situated on the banks of the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune’s staircase locks the location is perfect for a short stroll along the canal-side or enjoying a more strenuous walk along the...
- Clan Macduff HotelThe Clan Macduff is a friendly, family run hotel sitting right on the banks of the picturesque Loch Linnhe. We are just 5 minutes' drive from Fort William and 10 minutes drive from Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain. Originally built in 1965, the hotel has always belonged to our family. It has been extensively rebuilt and modernised over the last five years to provide modern accommodation for those visiting the...
You may be interested in
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel & RestaurantTorlundy, Fort William, PH33 6SN
Stay at one of the best Scottish Castle Hotels in the Highlands. Nestling in the foothills of the mighty Ben Nevis, Inverlochy Castle sits amidst some of Scotland's finest scenery. Inverlochy was built in 1863 by the first Lord Abinger, 2 miles from the site of the original 13th century fortress....
- Sleeps 98West End HotelHigh Street, Fort William, PH33
The West End Hotel is a well appointed, family run hotel with a tastefully furnished restaurant, lounge bar and delightful patio which enjoys great views of Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour hills. We are a short walk across to the West End Car Park where the Scottish Six Day Trials have...
- Sleeps 140Alexandra HotelThe Parade, Fort William, PH33 6AZ
Part of the very fabric of Fort William, since 1876 The Alexandra Hotel provides traditional Scottish Hospitality at its best and located in the centre of Fort William is an ideal base from which to explore the Highlands and Islands.Relax by the warmth of the open fire in the lounge before...
- Sleeps 50Nevis Bank InnBelford Road, Fort William, PH33 6BY
Fort William's Nevis Bank Hotel opened its door for the 2010 season at the end of May after a total refurbishment with very contemporary styling and a comfortable environment. The new management team welcomes you to our exciting place to stay in Fort William with stylish restaurant. We are confident we...
- Sleeps 180Ben Nevis HotelNorth Road, Fort William, PH33 6TG
Nothing is overlooked - Except Ben Nevis Whether you are visiting on business or for some quality leisure time the hotel is an ideal base where you can be sure of a warm Scottish welcome. Situated at the foot of Ben Nevis in Fort WilliamThe Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club...
on the way to Glenfinnan village...
on the Ben Nevis footpath...
on a winter's afternoon in Fort William...
Ben Nevis is often 4 hours up and 3 hours down
pop into the Ben Nevis Inn for a pint ?
at the end of a glorious day...