Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Bbc Fort William Forecast
Fort William's Lower Falls in Glen Nevis is an interesting place to visit during your Scottish itinerary
Everyone talks about the weather in relation to climbing mountains or any outdoor activity for that matter. If you are planning a short visit to fort william to walk up Ben Nevis, you'll need to know about the weather, eh? Well, you might be interested to know that Ben Nevis almost has its own climate due to its height and land mass. What goes on at 4,400 feet above sea level is quite different from the weather at sea level.
Before you climb the mountain make sure you have a weather forecast and can deal with the consequences of wind, wet and chill factor. The links below to the BBC and MetOffice weather forecasts is worth looking at, but bear in mind what is forecast on a Thursday evening will have changed by Saturday morning - with the occasional exception like stable, dominant high pressure.
Another good link is to the Met Office website synoptic chart which plots the expected weather systems coming in from the Atlantic.
- Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guidingAt Lochaber Guides we pride ourselves in offering our clients a unique and unforgettable experience in the Scottish Mountains. From meeting you at the start of your trip to taking the final few steps, our highly experienced, professional and qualified guides will be there to look after you and give you a trip to remember! Being a small company, we like to offer our clients a personalised touch. That may mean...
- Hunter Mountaineering & GuidingWelcome to Hunter Mountaineering - Professional, friendly and experienced Guiding, Instruction and Coaching in all aspects of British Mountaineering and Climbing. We offer Private Guiding and the courses that follow - Private Guiding This is the solution if you want to 'tick' specific climbs, summits or scrambles or work on particular skills. What could Private Guiding do for you? - Do you want to learn how to navigate, become more independent as a...
- The Highland Mountain CompanyBen Nevis. Glen Coe. Mountaineering. Winter Munros. Glen Nevis climbing. Low Level Walks. Abseiling. In summer we offer:Ben Nevis ascents via the Pony track, CMD arête, Ledge Route and Tower Ridge.Low level walks like Steal Waterfalls Glen Nevis adventure walk, climbing and abseil,Glen Coe walks and the Aonach Eagach and Curved RidgeMunrosOff the beaten track walks including Corbetts and hard to find peaks.Navigation training. 4 day Skye Cuillin Munro courseSkye Cuillin Ridge Traverse over 2 daysIn winter we offer: Ben Nevis ascents,Winter skills courses of 1,2 and 3 day duration,Guided winter Munros,Winter...
- Kirkhope Mountaineering - Ben Nevis guideKirkhope Mountaineering specialises in guiding and instruction in the Fort William and Glencoe area. We offer Guided ascents of Ben Nevis via the Tourist path or routes such as Ledge route and Tower ridge on it's North face. Glencoe is only 30 mins away and has some of the most accessible scrambling and rock climbing in Scotland. Popular classics include Curved ridge, the Aonach Eagach and Agag's Groove.Ben Nevis guided walks are very...
- Atlas Mountaineering | Ben Nevis Mountain GuideCome join us at Atlas Mountaineering for a special experience on the UK's highest mountain. Being based in Fort William, the Outdoor Capital of the UK, at the foot of Ben Nevis, we are available on short notice for private or group mountain guiding and have great knowledge of the mountain its self. Atlas Mountaineering is now accredited by Visit Scotland and the Scottish tourism board as a four star activity provider! 5 Stars on TripAdvisor! Climb...
- Adventure Nevis - Ben Nevis Mountain GuideIf you are looking for a Ben Nevis Mountain Guide, Adventure Nevis is a Scottish-based guiding service offering classic mountain days on Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain, standing at 1,344 metres. The Ben Nevis mountain footpath ascent - 6 to 8 hours - is ideal for public, private and charity groups. For the slightly more experienced walker, Ben Nevis via the CMD arete - 8 to 10 hours - is a...
You may be interested in
- Access-Mountain Guides53 Lundy Road, Inverlochy, Fort William, PH33 6NZ
Friendly mountain guiding and skills instruction based out of Fort William and covering Ben Nevis, Glencoe, Skye and the Cairngorms. Come and enjoy adventurous days out in the stunning Scottish Highlands with professional, fully qualified Instructors. Please have a look at our website and see what you can do!...
- Snowgoose Mountain Centre - Mountaineering & GuidingStation Road, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7JH
From the aspiring novice to the more advanced mountaineer Snowgoose Mountain Centre offers the perfect introduction, course, mountain guiding or holiday of a lifetime. This is whether you want an introduction to rock climbing & abseiling, learn to lead on rock, develop your navigational skills or tackle big mountaineering routes in summer or...
- Climb When Youre Ready16 Farrow Drive, Corpach, PH33 7JW
Come and explore the steeper side of Lochaber! I provide experienced and friendly guiding and instruction on Ben Nevis and in Glencoe.I specialise in taking and teaching novices climbing and mountaineering. All my days out are bespoke and just for you and your party. Whether you are looking for a guided day...
- Vertical FeverVertical Fever, 51 Lochiel Road, Fort William, PH33 6NR
Whether tackling Ben Nevis, traversing the mighty Skye Cuillin Ridge or scaling giant Himalayan summits. Vertical Fever delivers bespoke mountain instruction, guiding and expeditions providing you with a safe and rewarding adventure in the mountains.Mountain Instructor & Guide, Fort William, ScotlandVertical Fever is a friendly, professional mountain guiding company run by...
- West Coast Mountain Guides2 Montrose Mansions, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7JQ
West Coast Mountain Guides are based in the Scottish Highland town of Fort William. Since then West Coast Mountain Guides has been delivering friendly and professional hillwalking, mountaineering and climbing courses throughout the year across the Scottish Highlands and Islands.Our Instructors and Guides have gained the highest level of mountaineering qualifications...
you don't see this every winter...
how many million litres per hours ?
a Fort William big freeze
near the Glen Nevis Lower Falls
a great walk along the river
in Glen Nevis, Fort William
happily drains away into the sea
enjoying a picnic by the River Nevis