Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Bbc Fort William Forecast
Fort William's Lower Falls in Glen Nevis is an interesting place to visit during your Scottish itinerary
Everyone talks about the weather in relation to climbing mountains or any outdoor activity for that matter. If you are planning a short visit to fort william to walk up Ben Nevis, you'll need to know about the weather, eh? Well, you might be interested to know that Ben Nevis almost has its own climate due to its height and land mass. What goes on at 4,400 feet above sea level is quite different from the weather at sea level.
Before you climb the mountain make sure you have a weather forecast and can deal with the consequences of wind, wet and chill factor. The links below to the BBC and MetOffice weather forecasts is worth looking at, but bear in mind what is forecast on a Thursday evening will have changed by Saturday morning - with the occasional exception like stable, dominant high pressure.
Another good link is to the Met Office website synoptic chart which plots the expected weather systems coming in from the Atlantic.
- The Highland Mountain CompanyOur Guides live year round in the Highlands. They are fully qualified mountain instructors and have many years experience taking people into the mountains. Their local knowledge about the area, mountain landscape and history is second to none and they are more than eager to chat to you and show you the hidden gems of the Highlands, you never knew existed. In summer we offer:Ben Nevis ascents via the Pony track, CMD arête, Ledge Route and Tower Ridge.Low level walks...
- Access-Mountain GuidesFriendly mountain guiding and skills instruction based out of Fort William and covering Ben Nevis, Glencoe, Skye and the Cairngorms. Come and enjoy adventurous days out in the stunning Scottish Highlands with professional, fully qualified Instructors. Please have a look at our website and see what you can do!...
- Adventure Nevis - Ben Nevis Mountain GuideIf you are looking for a Ben Nevis Mountain Guide, Adventure Nevis is a Scottish-based guiding service offering classic mountain days on Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain, standing at 1,344 metres. The Ben Nevis mountain footpath ascent - 6 to 8 hours - is ideal for public, private and charity groups. For the slightly more experienced walker, Ben Nevis via the CMD arete - 8 to 10 hours - is a...
- Atlas Mountaineering | Ben Nevis Mountain GuideCome join us at Atlas Mountaineering for a special experience on the UK's highest mountain. Being based in Fort William, the Outdoor Capital of the UK, at the foot of Ben Nevis, we are available on short notice for private or group mountain guiding and have great knowledge of the mountain its self. Atlas Mountaineering is now accredited by Visit Scotland and the Scottish tourism board as a four star activity provider! 5 Stars on TripAdvisor! Climb...
- Hunter Mountaineering & GuidingYour Ben Nevis and Glencoe Guide - Friendly and Professional. Here at Hunter Mountaineering we have a passion and reputation for excellence in Private Guiding, Instruction, Coaching and Courses. We operate in both Summer and Winter, with activities ranging from Walking up Ben Nevis (summer or winter), to classic rock or ice climbs, mountain navigation and safety. We are based in Fort William but operate all over the Highlands of Scotland. Decide what you want to do, and when, then Email Max, to make it happen firstname.lastname@example.org Ben NevisProfessional...
- Kirkhope Mountaineering - Ben Nevis guideKirkhope Mountaineering specialises in guiding and instruction in the Fort William and Glencoe area. We offer Guided ascents of Ben Nevis via the Tourist path or routes such as Ledge route and Tower ridge on it's North face. Glencoe is only 30 mins away and has some of the most accessible scrambling and rock climbing in Scotland. Popular classics include Curved ridge, the Aonach Eagach and Agag's Groove.Ben Nevis guided walks are very...
You may be interested in
- Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guiding60 Castle Drive, Lochyside, Fort William, PH33 7NS
At Lochaber Guides we pride ourselves in offering our clients a unique and unforgettable experience in the Scottish Mountains. From meeting you at the start of your trip to taking the final few steps, our highly experienced, professional and qualified guides will be there to look after you and give you...
- Climb When Youre Ready16 Farrow Drive, Corpach, PH33 7JW
Come and explore the steeper side of Lochaber! I provide experienced and friendly guiding and instruction on Ben Nevis and in Glencoe.I specialise in taking and teaching novices climbing and mountaineering. All my days out are bespoke and just for you and your party. Whether you are looking for a guided day...
- Snowgoose Mountain Centre - Mountaineering & GuidingStation Road, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7JH
From the aspiring novice to the more advanced mountaineer Snowgoose Mountain Centre offers the perfect introduction, course, mountain guiding or holiday of a lifetime. This is whether you want an introduction to rock climbing & abseiling, learn to lead on rock, develop your navigational skills or tackle big mountaineering routes in summer or...
- Vertical FeverVertical Fever, 51 Lochiel Road, Fort William, PH33 6NR
Whether tackling Ben Nevis, traversing the mighty Skye Cuillin Ridge or scaling giant Himalayan summits. Vertical Fever delivers bespoke mountain instruction, guiding and expeditions providing you with a safe and rewarding adventure in the mountains.Mountain Instructor & Guide, Fort William, ScotlandVertical Fever is a friendly, professional mountain guiding company run by...
- West Coast Mountain Guides2 Montrose Mansions, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7JQ
West Coast Mountain Guides are based in the Scottish Highland town of Fort William. Since then West Coast Mountain Guides has been delivering friendly and professional hillwalking, mountaineering and climbing courses throughout the year across the Scottish Highlands and Islands.Our Instructors and Guides have gained the highest level of mountaineering qualifications...
happily drains away into the sea
enjoying a picnic by the River Nevis
a great walk along the river
near the Glen Nevis Lower Falls
in Glen Nevis, Fort William
you don't see this every winter...
a Fort William big freeze
how many million litres per hours ?