Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Good Fort William Restaurants
This is a list of all the restaurants, bistros and cafes in Fort William and Glen Nevis in the Lochaber Business Directory
Within Fort William and Glen Nevis there are a number of restaurants situated in beautiful countryside settings, some with sea views and others with mountain views - and a few with all of these things. The town centre offers a good choice of eateries too - we even have one in an art gallery. If you are looking for bar food, please check the Fort William Pub Guide from the link on the left.
We recommend the Great Food Stop at the Alexandra Hotel, and the West End Hotel for a la carte dining. The Glen Nevis Restaurant has a good reputation for local produce in a relaxed setting. Brewers Fayre is a great family restaurant in Fort William.
The Limetree Restsaurant at the west end of town offers gourmet dining in an intimate setting, with a good menu changing every day.
Seafood specialist Crannog, on the Town Pier is a well established seafood restaurant with a very good reputation. The views of the loch are often remarkable.
Fort William's longest established Indian Garden has a great menu of spiced dishes to tempt you. Along from here the Grog and Gruel's upstairs restaurant offers a variety to home-cooked meals including pizzas and burgers made on the premises. Fort William also has a Thai restaurant. In Cameron Square, No. 4 restaurant offers a delightful ambience in its restaurant for its guests to try out their menu.
On the lochside, about 10 minutes walk from the west end of town, The dining room at Clan MacDuff Hotel is well worth a visit, and on a pleasant evening, walking back along the shore is very special.
In Banavie, The Moorings Hotel has a very good restaurant specialising in local seafood and game. Take a stroll along the Caledonian Canal to enjoy the views of Ben Nevis. On the A82 at Torlundy is Inverlochy Castle Hotel Restaurant who provide Relais Chateaux quality dining for that special occasion. With its own private loch and huge gardens, a visit to Fort William's premier 5 star hotel will be special.
If you are arranging a stay in Fort William it could be a good idea to book a table by contacting the restaurant or bar before you get here.
If you have to drive - take a cab - they're not expensive and provide a great service. We recommend all our Taxi advertisers.
- Lime Tree Restaurant'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of fine dining, nonetheless worthy of comparison with the cities best. Fort William finally has a heavy-weight culinary destination.'Sunday Times Restaurant...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamThanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that the Scottish Highlands has to offer. Stables Restaurant is situated in the heart of Fort William town centre and only...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups of walkers with a little advance notice.We serve food until 22:00 hours every day and also provide an early breakfast...
- Ben Nevis InnSet at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides the comfort and charm, while we supply the personal, friendly service. We have a small range of beers, wines and...
You may be interested in
- Deli Barqen Chinese TakeawayCaol Shopping Centre, Glenloy Street, Caol, PH33
When in Fort William why not try our excellent Chinese takeaway in Caol Shopping Centre. We offer Chinese, Singapore, Malaysia, Kebab and Traditional Fish Bar menus - all served fresh and hot. We are open Sunday - Thursday 4pm - 10.30 Friday and Saturday - 4pm - 10.30 We are closed...
- Crannog Seafood RestaurantTown Pier, Fort William, PH33 6DB
Situated in the heart of Fort William, Crannog is a seafood restaurant like no other – in a quiet loch-side location on the Town Pier, the distinctive red roofs have been synonymous with fantastic West Highland seafood and relaxed fine dining for over 20 years. Using the freshest fish and seafood...
- The Grog and Gruel - Traditional Alehouse and Restaurant66 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AE
Conveniently located half way along Fort William's pedestrianised High Street, The Grog & Gruel is a Traditional Alehouse and Restaurant in Fort William with a warm and friendly atmosphere and a character all of its own. Set half way along the High Street in Fort William, in the Highlands of Scotland...
- Ben Nevis Distillery Cafe & ShopLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 6TJ
After your tour around our distillery why not relax with a refreshment or if you are hungry, try some of our delicious home cooking in our Fort William coffee shop and restaurant. The coffee shop is small and homely, focussing on home baking and cooking. Our chef, Karen-Anne utilises only local...
- Glen Nevis RestaurantGlen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SX
Our spacious comfortable Restaurant and Bar, open 15th March to 5th November each year, is popular with locals and holiday-makers alike. Glen Nevis sits at the heart of Lochaber; a region with rich and diverse culinary offerings. Our full-on foodie menu includes modern and classic Scottish dishes showcasing the best of fresh Highland produce; choose...
- Cobb's Bar and BistroHigh Street, Fort William, PH33 6AN
Cobbs Bar at Nevisport, Fort William Located at the side of Nevisport's outdoor retail outlet, Cobbs Bar and Restaurant provides a great place to eat and relax. We have a good, competitively priced menu, a selection of cask conditioned real ales, coffees and full bar. Enjoy a meal and a drink...
- The Lochy Bar & Restaurant Fort WilliamKilmallie Road, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BA
The Lochy Bar and Restaurant is extremely popular with locals and visitors. We are located on the edge of Caol village and near Banavie, by the Caledonian Canal - perfect for visiting yachts and visitors staying in the area.Our family restaurant offers good value, wholesome food with a tasty menu to...
- JJ's cafe and takeawaySheraton retail park, Lochybridge, Fort William, PH33 7NU
JJ's cafe is a family run cafe on the A830 2 miles from Fort William. We are open all year round 7 days a week from 8.00 am to 3.30 pm. We serve breakfast all day , homemade soups , homemade meals and Jane's fantastic home baking.We have a large car...
- Neptune's Restaurant, at the MooringsBanavie, Fort William, PH33 7LY
Personal service, mouth-watering food and attention to detail are the hallmarks of The Moorings Hotel’s excellent reputation and this is perfectly demonstrated in the hotel's award winning Neptune's Restaurant. We are delighted and justly proud in having achieved a cosseted AA Rosette each year for the past thirteen years.Our experienced team...
- Nevisport CafeAirds Crossing, Fort William, PH33 6EU
Our Fort William cafe is located in the well-known Nevisport shop at the Parade end of the High Street. We offer home-made soups and hot meals served all day, including an early breakfast. Our freshly made, tasty sandwiches are good value and with our great coffee and a selection of teas...
- Highland Star Chinese Restaurant155 High Street, Fort William, PH33
The Highland Star is Fort William's only Chinese restaurant and is located at the west end of the High Street. We are open for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week and serve quality Chinese food until 10.30 in the evening.Our spacious restaurant has an area which offers fine views of...
- Ben Nevis Bar and Restaurant103 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
Located in the centre of Fort Wiliam's pedestrianised High Street, The Ben Nevis Bar and Restaurant is one of Fort William's best pubs serving good food all day and a terrific range of beers and spirits. We stock two regular cask-conditioned ales in Fort William On street level our comfortable lounge...
served at The Airds
at Port Appin
Glenfinnan House Hotel
Fort William Eating Out
at the Alexandra Hotel
in Fort William
dining with 5 star service
on Fort William's town pier