Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Glenfinnan Gathering The Annual Highland Games
A page of photos and information about Glenfinnan Highland Games with links to where to stay in Glenfinnan and the glenfinnan village
The Glenfinnan Gathering or Glenfinnan Highland Games are one of the best in the Highlands. There isn't another place in Scotland that exceeds the lochside location surrounded by mountains and much of Scotland's history from 1745 onwards began here at Glenfinnan.
The Games are usually held on the Saturday in August which is closest to the 19th of the month - the date of the Jacobite Rising at Glenfinnan. Please check the Fort William and Lochaber Highland Games events page from the link on the left.
The Games are always well organised as is parking for lots of visitors. A beer tent and food is always availble as are toilets.
Glenfinnan is a pleasant 17 mile drive from Fort William and if you are visiting Lochaber on the day, we really do recommend these Games to you.
- Glenfinnan House Hotel & RestaurantGlenfinnan House Hotel stands just around the bay from the tall Bonnie Prince Charlie monument on Loch Shiel, with its lawn rolling down to the beach. The famous Glenfinnan viaduct railway bridge, used as a scene in several Harry Potter films, is a 10-minute walk away through the Glenfinnan Estate where Red Deer can often be seen. This country house hotel in Scotland is a fine stone 18th century mansion dating...
You may be interested in
- Glenfinnan House Hotel Restaurant & BarGlenfinnan House, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
The Glenfinnan House Hotel's restaurant and lounge bar have fantastic views looking over Loch Shiel and towards the Glenfinnan Monument and Ben Nevis. Our lochside location is amazing and very special.Our restaurant is open for fine dining in a cosy atmosphere during the spring, summer and autumn months serving a nice...
- Loch Shiel CruisesThe Pier, Slatach, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
For a unique cruise through one of Scotland’s most remote, beautiful and unspoilt landscapes, take a trip to Glenfinnan. Join local skipper Jim Michie on his lovingly restored 1940 ex-naval harbour launch, who will guide you along this magnificent loch while keeping a close eye out for Golden & Sea Eagles,...
- Craigag LodgeGlenfinnan, PH37 4LT
Craigag Lodge is nestled in the hills behind Glenfinnan. We offer a very comfortable, relaxing retreat that will set you up for your adventures in the Highlands and Islands.We have a drying room, free WiFi and welcome dogs by arrangement.Ensuite rooms are large with baths and showers to soak your wearys.Glenfinnan...
- National Trust for Scotland GlenfinnanGlenfinnan, PH37 4LT
In August 19th 1745, at the head of Loch Shiel, Prince Charles Edward Stewart raised his Standard, marking the start of his campaign to restore the exiles Stuarts to the throne. From this sport, Bonnie PRince Charlie and his followers made it as far south as Derby before their eventual defeat...
- Loch Shiel Spring FestivalStation Cottage, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
Every second week of May, leading artists from all over Britain and beyond team up to perform classical and contemporary music, drama and dance befitting the scenic splendour of the West Highlands. The area round Loch Shiel offers a series of imaginative chamber music venues ranging from the awe-inspiring to the...