Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Outdoor Events Around Fort William And Lochaber
For William offers a perfect playground for outdoor sports and events with so many rivers and mountains, and inland lochs and waterways
Fort William hosts several major international outdoor events each year which include the UCI mountain World Cup, and the Scottish Six Day Trials. We also host several Highland Games, NO FUSS mountain biking and athletic events including The Glen Nevis River Race. In September, the annual Ben Nevis Race takes place when around 500 runners race to the summit of Ben Nevis and back down.
There are also lots of regular outdoor events going on - mostly organised by local sport clubs. The National Trust for Scotland in Glencoe organises a wide range of interesting events for adults and families.
This page will list all our outdoor events as soon as each one is confirmed by the organisers. So if you are involved in any event happening in Lochaber please add it to this website for all to see.
What's on in Fort William and Lochaber
- New Year up Ben NevisBen Nevis30th December 2017 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- 2 day winter skillsFort William13th January 2018 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Fort William Runduro for endurance athletesFort Willam24th February 2018 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
The Fort William Runduro is a multi-stage running event taking in some of the Outdoor Capitals most popular running routes.
- Ben Nevis Public Guided Walks with Adventure NevisBen Nevis13th April 2018 All Day Event
- 4 day Skye Munro courseGlen Brittle5th May 2018 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM
with Highland Activities
hold on now....
a huge sport in Fort William...
in Fort William and Lochaber
in and around Fort William
try a fly fishing lesson in Lochaber
snowboarding and skiing at Nevis Range Fort William