Active Highs - outdoor activities Fort William
White Water Rafting On The River Garry - Grade 3& 4 Dam Release Water, March to October!
Our white water rafting trips on the River Garry are the best guaranteed white water rafting in the U.K. due to the weekly releases of water from the dam when all other rivers can be low or even dry. The River Garry offers grade 3 & 4 white water which is suitable for first time rafters, families and also seasoned adventure lovers, Age 8 +. Book Online Here
River Rafting Safari Trips £45 pp
A fun way to enjoy a river journey for those with younger children or anyone looking for a more gentle introduction to rafting. We normally raft the River Oich on this trip which takes us on a 5 mile journey over half a day taking in the scenery and finishing in Loch Ness at Fort Augustus. Book Online Here
White Water Funyakking £50 pp
Experience the rapids in a more up close and personal way in our 2 man inflatable funyaks! Navigate the river and negotiate the rapids with your partner under instruction form your river guide - Book Online Here
Half Day Canyoning Trips From £55 pp
Canyoning is a fast growing adventure sport that involves jumping from rocks and cliffs, sliding down natural water flumes and abseiling over waterfalls. If you are looking for a real adventure and something different then canyoning is for you! Active Highs have canyoning trips that are suitable for people with no experience or seasoned canyoneers. We have a range of trips available and all equipment is provided including wetsuits and all safety equipment. Age 12+ Book Online Here
Gorge Walking Adventures £45 pp
A step down from canyoning but equally as fun, gorge walking involves scrambling up and down small waterfalls, wading and swimming through the gorge, exploring the water course and river bed with the option of some smaller jumps into deep pools. A great activity for families and groups, Age 8+ Book Online Here
Canoe Trips From £30pp
Being based on Loch Oich which is part of the Caledonian Canal system, we have access to some of the most spectacular pieces of water in the UK! We have a great range of canoe trips available that are suitable for anyone from beginners looking to try out canoeing to experts looking to challenge themselves on water or traverse the Great Glen. Check out our trips here!
Kayak Trips From £30 pp
At Active Highs we have over 25 years of kayaking experience and can offer anything from fun come and try it sessions on the loch to full day sea kayak trips or introduction to white water and river trips. We have a fleet of general purpose and white water kayaks as well as a fleet of specialist touring and sea kayaks.
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Winter Activities
- White water rafting
- Superb Great Glen Location
- Sit on Top Kayaking
- Sea Kayaking trips
- Rock Climbing
- Outdoor Event Organiser
- Outdoor Courses
- Outdoor Centre
- Kayak Trips
- Kayaking Lessons
- Canoe Trips
- Old Harbour Master's Self Catering ApartmentConveniently located in Fort William town centre, with great views overlooking Loch Linnhe, this large self catering apartment in Fort William can accommodate up to 8 people. All amenities are provided and included in the price. There is plenty of parking and the local shops, pubs and restaurants are minutes away. Take an evening stroll along the loch side and enjoy the views.Please telephone or email to check availability. Minimum of 2 nights...
- Coire Glas Guest HouseUNDER NEW OWNERSHIP - Please contact us directly for best offers and pricing, 20% winter discount on 3 or more nights - email Morven and Simon Hardiman: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)1397 712272Bed and Breakfast, Spean Bridge, near Fort William.Coire Glas Guest House is situated at the edge of the Village of Spean Bridge in grounds of approximately one acre facing south it looks out over the spectacular Grey Corries and Ben...
- Glen Nevis Caravan & Camping ParkOur award-winning caravan and camping park is set in the midst of spectacular Highland scenery at the foot of Ben Nevis. Explore Glen Nevis on the many footpaths that wind through forests and alongside the River Nevis or relax on our park and enjoy the views and fresh mountain air. We manage a peaceful park with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and pride ourselves in the quality of our infrastructure, facilities...
You may be interested in
- Alltonside Guest HouseALLTONSIDE GUEST HOUSE, ACHINTORE ROAD, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6RW
Alltonside is a modern 3 star guest house situated just over a mile from Fort William town centre. It commands fabulous views over Loch Linnhe and the hills beyond. We offer you a comfortable and friendly stay. Each of our six ensuite letting rooms is kept to a high standard with...
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- Sleeps 2Distant Hills Guest House, Spean BridgeRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH34 4EU
Located in the pretty village of Spean Bridge, about 9 miles from Fort William, our comfortable 4 star guesthouse enjoys a good location in the village, within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. We are also very near Nevis Range for summer gondola trips, forest walks and mountain biking trails.Our...
- The Willows Guest House, Fort WilliamThe Willows, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Willows is a 3 star family run guest house situated by the shores of Loch Linnhe with views of the Ardgour hills. Located close to Fort William town centre it is approximately a 10 - 15 minute pleasant stroll along the gardens of Loch Linnhe to the restaurants, bars and shops. But for...
- Ardmory Bed & BreakfastArdmory, Victoria Road, Fort William, PH33 6BH
Ardmory B&B in Fort William is a modern house with a spacious garden in a quiet street close to the town centre with private parking and convenient for railway and bus stations. There are panoramic views over Loch Linnhe and surrounding mountains. We have 2 double rooms and 1 twin room....
- Lochview GuesthouseHeathercroft Road, Fort William, PH33 6EZ
Lochview Guesthouse sits in a hillside location within mature gardens, enjoying exceptional views across Loch Linnhe towards the Ardgour Hills. It is ideally located for Fort William town centre which is a 10 minute walk away. There are many activities to enjoy from Lochview Guest house including the Jacobite steam train,...
- Sleeps 2The Waterfront - Luxury Self-catering Apartment17 Glenloch View, Achintore Road, PH33 6TZ
This luxury self catering apartment in Fort William is new to the market and is a delight. Located by the shore of Loch Linnhe, and a short walk into town, our "just for two" self catering accommodation makes a wonderful place to stay during a visit to Fort William. Partially open-plan...
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastGrange Road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
A superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent...
- Lochy Holiday ParkCamagheal, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Woodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven,...
- Sleeps 10Achaderry FarmhouseAchaderry Estate, Roy Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH31 4AW
Achaderry Farmhouse is located near Roy Bridge on its own estate neighbouring Kinchellie Croft self catering holidays.The farmhouse was new on the market in 2016 and was completely refurnished for let. The property can sleep up to 10 people and has its own unique and secluded location. The view speaks for itself...
- Gowan Brae HouseUnion Road, Fort William, PH33 6RB
A warm highland welcome awaits you at Gowan Brae which was built at the turn of the 20th century and is situated on the hillside above the town overlooking Loch Linnhe and the Treislaig Hills. We offer two double ensuite rooms and one twin room with private facilities.An extensive breakfast menu...
- Glencoe Mountain CottagesGleann Leac na Muidhe, Glencoe, PA49 4LA
Enjoy a lovely 4 star cottage with just the most amazing views. Our Glencoe self catering holiday cottages are wonderfully situated a mile up a secret valley off, most probably, Scotlands most photographed, magnificent and historical glen -Glencoe.The two modern and clean, semi-detached self catering holiday cottages, sit below some of...
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- The Digital Studio - aerial photography, property photographyBen Nevis Office, Woodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Aerial photography and video is a potent marketing tool. Not everyone gets it though.If you are working on a civil engineering project, or hoping to sell your beautiful home quickly, a set of aerial photographs taken by a professional photographer can make a difference.If you are working in the tourism market,...
- Na Tighean Beaga - The Little HousesRoybridge, Inverness-shire, PH31 4AG
Since 1976 the Matheson Family have welcomed visitors to Na Tighean Beaga, our comfortable self catering bungalows and chalets in Roy Bridge, near Fort William The experience we have gained over the years will ensure a successful and enjoyable holiday for everyone in your family or party.The SiteSome 300 metres from...
- Highland Aerial Photography and VideoWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
From my base in Fort William I offer an aerial photography and video filming service throughout Scotland and in particular, the Highlands of Scotland. Digital Studio Aerial Photography and Video has been in business for more than 25 years working as a professional photographer. As a fully insured and qualified BNUC-s pilot with CAA...
- St Andrews Guest HouseFassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6BD
Only minutes from Fort William town centre and within walking distance of the train station and bus stance, St Andrews House is a wonderful, Victorian building and home to the Wynne Family. Originally the rectory and Choir School for St Andrews Church, which can be seen from the house.St Andrews provides...
- Clan Macduff HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
The Clan Macduff is a friendly, family run hotel sitting right on the banks of the picturesque Loch Linnhe. We are just 5 minutes' drive from Fort William and 10 minutes drive from Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain. Originally built in 1965, the hotel has always belonged to our family....