Active Highs - outdoor activities Fort William
White Water Rafting On The River Garry - Grade 3& 4 Dam Release Water, March to October!
Our white water rafting trips on the River Garry are the best guaranteed white water rafting in the U.K. due to the weekly releases of water from the dam when all other rivers can be low or even dry. The River Garry offers grade 3 & 4 white water which is suitable for first time rafters, families and also seasoned adventure lovers, Age 8 +. Book Online Here
River Rafting Safari Trips £45 pp
A fun way to enjoy a river journey for those with younger children or anyone looking for a more gentle introduction to rafting. We normally raft the River Oich on this trip which takes us on a 5 mile journey over half a day taking in the scenery and finishing in Loch Ness at Fort Augustus. Book Online Here
White Water Funyakking £50 pp
Experience the rapids in a more up close and personal way in our 2 man inflatable funyaks! Navigate the river and negotiate the rapids with your partner under instruction form your river guide - Book Online Here
Half Day Canyoning Trips From £55 pp
Canyoning is a fast growing adventure sport that involves jumping from rocks and cliffs, sliding down natural water flumes and abseiling over waterfalls. If you are looking for a real adventure and something different then canyoning is for you! Active Highs have canyoning trips that are suitable for people with no experience or seasoned canyoneers. We have a range of trips available and all equipment is provided including wetsuits and all safety equipment. Age 12+ Book Online Here
Gorge Walking Adventures £45 pp
A step down from canyoning but equally as fun, gorge walking involves scrambling up and down small waterfalls, wading and swimming through the gorge, exploring the water course and river bed with the option of some smaller jumps into deep pools. A great activity for families and groups, Age 8+ Book Online Here
Canoe Trips From £30pp
Being based on Loch Oich which is part of the Caledonian Canal system, we have access to some of the most spectacular pieces of water in the UK! We have a great range of canoe trips available that are suitable for anyone from beginners looking to try out canoeing to experts looking to challenge themselves on water or traverse the Great Glen. Check out our trips here!
Kayak Trips From £30 pp
At Active Highs we have over 25 years of kayaking experience and can offer anything from fun come and try it sessions on the loch to full day sea kayak trips or introduction to white water and river trips. We have a fleet of general purpose and white water kayaks as well as a fleet of specialist touring and sea kayaks.
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Winter Activities
- White water rafting
- Superb Great Glen Location
- Sit on Top Kayaking
- Sea Kayaking trips
- Rock Climbing
- Outdoor Event Organiser
- Outdoor Courses
- Outdoor Centre
- Kayak Trips
- Kayaking Lessons
- Canoe Trips
- Cedar Lodge - Self Catering Cottage Fort WilliamCedar Lodge is one of the closest self catering places to Fort William's downhill mountain biking tracks and winter skiing/snowboarding at Nevis Range. We are also within 10 minutes of the Ben Nevis North Face car park, and 15 minutes from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre where most people begin their walk up the mountain footpath on Ben Nevis. LATE AVAILABILITY from AUGUST 26 - BOOK NOW BEFORE IT GOES !Due to...
- HighwindsHighwinds Bed and Breakfast is in the rural settlement of Torlundy 4 miles north of Fort William with superb views towards the North Face of Ben Nevis and across farmland to the hills beyond Loch Linnhe. We recently completed a full renovation to create a high standard of luxury En-Suite rooms that all take advantage of the magnificent views. Walks in this tranquil location lead directly from Highwinds with the...
- Lime Tree Restaurant'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of fine dining, nonetheless worthy of comparison with the cities best. Fort William finally has a heavy-weight culinary destination.'Sunday Times Restaurant...
You may be interested in
- Sleeps 4Fordon Self Catering ApartmentFordon, Badabrie, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Fordon Self Catering Apartment is both modern and fully equipped while still being cosy and comfortable allowing a peaceful and tranquil break. Fordon has stunning panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mhor with the town of Fort William and Loch Linnhe situated below and the Caledonian Canal nearby. While being...
- Highland Aerial Photography and VideoWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
From my base in Fort William I offer an aerial photography and video filming service throughout Scotland and in particular, the Highlands of Scotland. Digital Studio Aerial Photography and Video has been in business for more than 25 years working as a professional photographer. As a fully insured and qualified BNUC-s pilot with CAA...
- Inverskilavulin Lodges - self catering near Fort WilliamBanavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our two Fort William holiday lodges, Beinn Loy and Beinn Bhan are the holiday accommodation for small families and couples. Our luxury two bedroom lodges nestling at the foot of one of Scotland's Corbett hills, are quite near the Caledonian canal and the Great Glen Way, and only 9 miles from...
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- Sleeps 28Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & RestaurantKilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HY
Kilcamb Lodge Hotel is a small, luxury Country House Hotel, breathtakingly situated on the shores of loch Sunart in 22 acres of natural meadow and woodland, where otters and red deer are daily visitors. Close to Fort William and all its outdoor amenities, Ardnamurchan is one of the most un-spoilt regions...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- Sleeps 2The Waterfront - Luxury Self-catering Apartment17 Glenloch View, Achintore Road, PH33 6TZ
This luxury self catering apartment in Fort William is new to the market and is a delight. Located by the shore of Loch Linnhe, and a short walk into town, our "just for two" self catering accommodation makes a wonderful place to stay during a visit to Fort William. Partially open-plan...
- Sleeps 4Luxury Cottages in Fort WilliamAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33
A Highland Cottage, redesigned and refurbished to the highest standard, yet retaining so much character combined with luxury self catering accommodation. West Lodge Self Catering has luxury bedrooms and sumptuous bathrooms. With lovely views over Loch Linnhe and adjacent to the road South it is a short distance to Fort William....
- Ambrose Gillham11 Seaview Terrace, , Fort William, Fort William, PH33 6RG
This is a large and comfortable apartment with great views in a very convenient quiet location close to the town centre. It is ideal for a family group or group of friends for a relaxed break or to explore the Highlands of Scotland.The beautiful Cow Hill Circuit which gives access directly...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Kinchellie CroftKinchellie Croft, Roy Bridge, Highland, PH31 4AW
Kinchellie Crort provides extremely good value of money self catering holiday accommodation at the same time as offering an excellent standard of log cabins and cottages. We are located in Roy Bridge and perfect for groups looking for a good location for outdoor activities.Our three cottages sleep up to 6 people...
- Lochy Holiday Camping and Touring ParkLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Lochy Holiday Park's camping and touring park provides a peaceful riverside location with great views of Ben Nevis.We have separate pitches for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes with electric hook-up if required. The park has clean, well-maintained toilets and showers, a laundry and lots of parking. Our shop stocks basic essentials...
- Sleeps 5Bed & Breakfast, Fort William - a view with a viewWoodside , Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Fort William short breaks and weekend breaks are available all year round at Woodside. A MARVELLOUS view awaits when you book and stay at our excellent B&B in Fort William.Woodside bed and breakfast in Fort William enjoys a peaceful, countryside setting right in front of Ben Nevis! Just 4 miles from Fort...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamBank Street, Fort William, PH33 6AX
Thanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- The Granite House74 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
THE GRANITE HOUSE on Fort William High Street has been serving locals and visitors with the very best gifts since 1977. From our early days as a small souvenir store we have expanded to 8 departments over 2 floors.Traditional & contemporary jewellery from Scottish and International designersWatches from STORM, ICE, TIMEX,...
- Sleeps 10Achaderry FarmhouseAchaderry Estate, Roy Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH31 4AW
Achaderry Farmhouse is located near Roy Bridge on its own estate neighbouring Kinchellie Croft self catering holidays.The farmhouse was new on the market in 2016 and was completely refurnished for let. The property can sleep up to 10 people and has its own unique and secluded location. The view speaks for itself...
- Lochy Holiday ParkCamagheal, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Woodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven,...
- Ardmory Bed & BreakfastArdmory, Victoria Road, Fort William, PH33 6BH
Ardmory B&B in Fort William is a modern house with a spacious garden in a quiet street close to the town centre with private parking and convenient for railway and bus stations. There are panoramic views over Loch Linnhe and surrounding mountains. We have 2 double rooms and 1 twin room....