Active Highs - outdoor activities Fort William
White Water Rafting On The River Garry - Grade 3& 4 Dam Release Water, March to October!
Our white water rafting trips on the River Garry are the best guaranteed white water rafting in the U.K. due to the weekly releases of water from the dam when all other rivers can be low or even dry. The River Garry offers grade 3 & 4 white water which is suitable for first time rafters, families and also seasoned adventure lovers, Age 8 +. Book Online Here
River Rafting Safari Trips £45 pp
A fun way to enjoy a river journey for those with younger children or anyone looking for a more gentle introduction to rafting. We normally raft the River Oich on this trip which takes us on a 5 mile journey over half a day taking in the scenery and finishing in Loch Ness at Fort Augustus. Book Online Here
White Water Funyakking £50 pp
Experience the rapids in a more up close and personal way in our 2 man inflatable funyaks! Navigate the river and negotiate the rapids with your partner under instruction form your river guide - Book Online Here
Half Day Canyoning Trips From £55 pp
Canyoning is a fast growing adventure sport that involves jumping from rocks and cliffs, sliding down natural water flumes and abseiling over waterfalls. If you are looking for a real adventure and something different then canyoning is for you! Active Highs have canyoning trips that are suitable for people with no experience or seasoned canyoneers. We have a range of trips available and all equipment is provided including wetsuits and all safety equipment. Age 12+ Book Online Here
Gorge Walking Adventures £45 pp
A step down from canyoning but equally as fun, gorge walking involves scrambling up and down small waterfalls, wading and swimming through the gorge, exploring the water course and river bed with the option of some smaller jumps into deep pools. A great activity for families and groups, Age 8+ Book Online Here
Canoe Trips From £30pp
Being based on Loch Oich which is part of the Caledonian Canal system, we have access to some of the most spectacular pieces of water in the UK! We have a great range of canoe trips available that are suitable for anyone from beginners looking to try out canoeing to experts looking to challenge themselves on water or traverse the Great Glen. Check out our trips here!
Kayak Trips From £30 pp
At Active Highs we have over 25 years of kayaking experience and can offer anything from fun come and try it sessions on the loch to full day sea kayak trips or introduction to white water and river trips. We have a fleet of general purpose and white water kayaks as well as a fleet of specialist touring and sea kayaks.
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Winter Activities
- White water rafting
- Superb Great Glen Location
- Sit on Top Kayaking
- Sea Kayaking trips
- Rock Climbing
- Outdoor Event Organiser
- Outdoor Courses
- Outdoor Centre
- Kayak Trips
- Kayaking Lessons
- Canoe Trips
- HighwindsHighwinds Bed and Breakfast is in the rural settlement of Torlundy 4 miles north of Fort William with superb views towards the North Face of Ben Nevis and across farmland to the hills beyond Loch Linnhe. We recently completed a full renovation to create a high standard of luxury En-Suite rooms that all take advantage of the magnificent views. Walks in this tranquil location lead directly from Highwinds with the...
- Cedar Lodge - Self Catering Cottage Fort WilliamCedar Lodge is one of the closest self catering places to Fort William's downhill mountain biking tracks and winter skiing/snowboarding at Nevis Range. We are also within 10 minutes of the Ben Nevis North Face car park, and 15 minutes from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre where most people begin their walk up the mountain footpath on Ben Nevis. LATE AVAILABILITY from AUGUST 26 - BOOK NOW BEFORE IT GOES !Due to...
- Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & RestaurantKilcamb Lodge Hotel is a small, luxury Country House Hotel, breathtakingly situated on the shores of loch Sunart in 22 acres of natural meadow and woodland, where otters and red deer are daily visitors. Close to Fort William and all its outdoor amenities, Ardnamurchan is one of the most un-spoilt regions in the Highlands of Scotland. Our ethos is based on a simple ideal of good food, luxury accommodation, peace, harmony...
You may be interested in
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Braeburn GuesthouseBraeburn, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7LX
John and Julie Mackin look forward to welcoming you to our spacious and beautifully appointed home, where your comfort in our Fort William B&B is always our top priority. Braeburn is a family run house set in its own grounds with beautiful views of Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour Hills.All of our...
- Lochview GuesthouseLochview Guesthouse, Bunree, Nr Onich, PH33 6SE
We have three spacious and luxurious rooms which all have king sized beds, modern, high quality bathrooms, and a comfortable seating area, where you will be served home baking with tea or coffee on arrival. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all guests. Our two largest rooms share our stunning loch view, whilst the...
- Clan Macduff HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
The Clan Macduff is a friendly, family run hotel sitting right on the banks of the picturesque Loch Linnhe. We are just 5 minutes' drive from Fort William and 10 minutes drive from Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain. Originally built in 1965, the hotel has always belonged to our family....
- Gowan Brae HouseUnion Road, Fort William, PH33 6RB
A warm highland welcome awaits you at Gowan Brae which was built at the turn of the 20th century and is situated on the hillside above the town overlooking Loch Linnhe and the Treislaig Hills. We offer two double ensuite rooms and one twin room with private facilities.An extensive breakfast menu...
- The Granite House74 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
THE GRANITE HOUSE on Fort William High Street has been serving locals and visitors with the very best gifts since 1977. From our early days as a small souvenir store we have expanded to 8 departments over 2 floors.Traditional & contemporary jewellery from Scottish and International designersWatches from STORM, ICE, TIMEX,...
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageStrontian, By Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, Highlands, PH36 4JA
Honeysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every...
- St Anthonys Bed & BreakfastSt Anthonys, Argyll Road, Fort William, PH33 6LF
St Anthonys is a quiet, comfortable Fort William Bed & Breakfast situated in the middle of town in an elevated position giving lovely views over Loch Linnhe and the surrounding hills. We have 3 Double rooms and 1 Family Suite. All rooms are en-suite, with hospitality trays, hairdryers, flat screen tv/dvd players...
- Sleeps 5Bed & Breakfast, Fort William - a view with a viewWoodside , Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Fort William short breaks and weekend breaks are available all year round. A MARVELLOUS view awaits when you book and stay at our excellent B&B in Fort William.VACANCIES THIS WEEK - 28-30th - please call to book before our rooms are gone - 01397 705897 OR 07760 166 970 - Rooms £70 per...
- Torlundy HouseHappy Valley, Torlundy, Fort William, PH33 6SN
Torlundy House is a family run Guest House located in the rural settlement of Torlundy some 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Fort William in the Highlands of Scotland. Your hosts, Michael and Maxean, have been providing B&B for 14 years in Torlundy.We have lived in Torlundy for nearly 15 years now...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamBank Street, Fort William, PH33 6AX
Thanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that...
- Moorings HotelBanavie , Fort William, PH33 7LY
Celebrated as one of the most popular hotels in Fort William, the Moorings Hotel is a hidden gem, located just five minutes drive from Fort William town centre but a million miles away from every day hustle and bustle.Situated on the banks of the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune’s staircase...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Sleeps 4Luxury Cottages in Fort WilliamAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33
A Highland Cottage, redesigned and refurbished to the highest standard, yet retaining so much character combined with luxury self catering accommodation. West Lodge Self Catering has luxury bedrooms and sumptuous bathrooms. With lovely views over Loch Linnhe and adjacent to the road South it is a short distance to Fort William....
- Lochy Holiday Camping and Touring ParkLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Lochy Holiday Park's camping and touring park provides a peaceful riverside location with great views of Ben Nevis.We have separate pitches for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes with electric hook-up if required. The park has clean, well-maintained toilets and showers, a laundry and lots of parking. Our shop stocks basic essentials...
- Sleeps 26Calluna - Self Catering apartments and bunkhouseCalluna, Connochie Road, Fort William, PH33 6JX
Ben Nevis mountain country - Calluna self catering apartment(s) in Fort William are perfect for walkers, climbers and outdoor people. Welcome to Calluna, self-catering accommodation in the heart of the beautiful Scottish Highlands. Located above the west coast town of Fort William beneath Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Calluna provides the ideal self-catering base...