Atlas Mountaineering | Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
Climb Ben Nevis now for only £69.00
PRIVATE VIA FERRATA GUIDING. BRAND NEW TO SCOTLAND AND BY FAR THE UK’S BEST VIA FERRATA.
TRIPS STARTING JUNE 2014!
BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
Ben Nevis trips, Winter skills training, Ice climbing and Winter walking! No experience needed!
Whilst making a mountain out of a molehill is acceptable behaviour if you’re a bit of a drama queen, we can’t help but think it was a waste of time to bring our walking boots.Go bigger with the UK’s biggest mountain, Ben Nevis, and enjoy a guided tour with Atlas Mountaineering for only £69.00
- Guided tours of Ben Nevis and the surrounding area
- Private and public tours available
- Rated 5 stars on Trip Advisor
- Rated 4 stars by Visit Scotland
- UK’s highest mountain
- Suitable for ages 8+
Even before you arrive, Atlas Mountaineering’s guides will be providing handy information by letting you know exactly what clothing and kit you should be bringing on the day. Once you arrive, you and your group will get ready to tackle the mountain. The guides know every twist and turn of Ben Nevis and have scooped a 5 star Trip Advisor rating as well as being rated 4 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board.
The UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis, stands at 1,344 metres above sea level at the western end of the Grampian mountains. As you climb, you’ll take in the stunning scenery of the peaks and greenery around you, along with bursts of Scottish heather. Suitable for kids from age 8, today’s deal is the perfect family adventure.
Loved by Trip Advisor
"Thank goodness we had a guide and Atlas Mountaineering to tell us to hire all the right equipment, otherwise we would have had to turn back and not reach the summit like so many other people had to do.”
"Atlas and Connor provided an excellent organised trip with a top guide for the day in Rich …he was patient / informative / educational / humorous and allowed us all to enjoy a very challenging but rewarding day."
"We had a brilliant time with Connor and Hannah, learning about how to be safe in the hills in winter. We learnt about winter navigation, route planning, basic Avalanche awareness, crampons and ice axes, along with getting some great hiking in! We will definitely be back and can't recommend Connor and Hannah enough as guides!"
Walking the Wild Side
A very special way to see what Lochaber has to offer.
One of our most popular experiences is our day and a half walk from Glen Nevis. We will set off at around 3pm and walk through the Steall Meadows and catch a glimpse of the famous Steall falls, from here we will walk up into the watershed of Ben Nevis and camp for the evening. As you watch the sun set around the surrounding mountains and wilderness you will begin to experience one of the UK’s true dark zones, this means that there is no light pollution! The stars are truly amazing here and it is not uncommon to see the odd shooting star, meteor shower or the aurora borealis. You don’t need to worry about dinner as it’s included in the price and we will fill you full of hot chocolate as you get ready to settle in for the most peaceful night’s sleep you will ever have. In the morning we will wake up, eat some breakfast and break camp. From there we will walk up on to the summit of Carn Mor Dearg our first Munro of the day and on to the Carn Mor Dearg arête. This arête is described by Walk Highlands as “the finest way to see Ben Nevis” and they are not wrong, the spectacular arête gives fine airy views of the 600m north face and it is not unusual to not see a soul until we reach the summit of Ben Nevis. It truly is the wild side! Once we have climbed Ben Nevis we will walk down to the Ben Nevis Inn and relax for the rest of the afternoon while you can look back on what we have managed over the past two days.
Rock Climbing this Summer
Haven't tried it before, but always fancied it?
We run private rock climbing guiding for all abilities, only in small groups, perfect if you haven't tried before.
If you are looking at something more mountainous, how about the infamous Tower Ridge or some more classic rock climbing in Glen Coe?
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Winter Activities
- Biking Holidays
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Walking holidays
- Mountain Guides
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Guided Scrambling
- Guided Hill Walking
- Guided mountain walks
- Outdoor activity provider
- mountain bike skills coach
- mountain bike guide
- Rock Climbing
- ben nevis guide
- The Willows Guest House, Fort WilliamThe Willows is a 3 star family run guest house situated by the shores of Loch Linnhe with views of the Ardgour hills. Located close to Fort William town centre it is approximately a 10 - 15 minute pleasant stroll along the gardens of Loch Linnhe to the restaurants, bars and shops. But for our guests arriving by bus or train we would recommend a taxi, as the train and bus station are on...
- Ben Nevis InnSet at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides the comfort and charm, while we supply the personal, friendly service. We have a small range of beers, wines and...
- Alba Ben View Holiday CottageOur self catering cottage is located just past the Commando Monument above the village of Spean Bridge - about 10 miles from Fort William town centre and Ben Nevis - a pleasant 20 minute journey. The cottage sits in its own grounds, next to the owners accommodation with superb uninterrupted views over to Ben Nevis and the Mamore Hills, and provides accommodation for up to 4 persons in two ensuite bedrooms.Everything...
You may be interested in
- Woody's Taxis Fort William29 Banff Crescent, Fort William, PH33 6TT
FROM THE BEN TO THE GLEN, AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU IN SAFETY AND COMFORT.Based in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, our location provides an excellent base for walking, climbing and sight-seeing. Our comfortable taxis will get you to your destination safely and on time.We are available...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamBank Street, Fort William, PH33 6AX
Thanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that...
- Braeburn GuesthouseBraeburn, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7LX
John and Julie Mackin look forward to welcoming you to our spacious and beautifully appointed home, where your comfort in our Fort William B&B is always our top priority. Braeburn is a family run house set in its own grounds with beautiful views of Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour Hills.All of our...
- Sleeps 2Distant Hills Guest House, Spean BridgeRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH34 4EU
Located in the pretty village of Spean Bridge, about 9 miles from Fort William, our comfortable 4 star guesthouse enjoys a good location in the village, within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. We are also very near Nevis Range for summer gondola trips, forest walks and mountain biking trails.Our...
- Highland Taxis26 carn dearg, Fort William, PH33 6QD
Highland Taxis Ltd are based in Fort William in the heart of Lochaber.Our position on the A82 means we are the perfect choice for providing transport to and from the main transport links in Glasgow and Edinburgh from anywhere in the Highlands As a small company our main goal is customer satisfaction...
- St Anthonys Bed & BreakfastSt Anthonys, Argyll Road, Fort William, PH33 6LF
St Anthonys is a quiet, comfortable Fort William Bed & Breakfast situated in the middle of town in an elevated position giving lovely views over Loch Linnhe and the surrounding hills. We have 3 Double rooms and 1 Family Suite. All rooms are en-suite, with hospitality trays, hairdryers, flat screen tv/dvd players...
- Lochview GuesthouseLochview Guesthouse, Bunree, Nr Onich, PH33 6SE
We have three spacious and luxurious rooms which all have king sized beds, modern, high quality bathrooms, and a comfortable seating area, where you will be served home baking with tea or coffee on arrival. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all guests. Our two largest rooms share our stunning loch view, whilst the...
- Lapwing Rise Self Catering AccommodationLapwing Rise, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Situated on a working croft just over 3 miles from Fort William this bright and spacious self catering bungalow sleeps up to 7 persons and enjoys wonderful views over the Caledonian Canal to Ben Nevis and the Aonach Mor ski slopes.This holiday home is enclosed within its own garden and the...
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastGrange Road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
A superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent...
- Clan Macduff HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
The Clan Macduff is a friendly, family run hotel sitting right on the banks of the picturesque Loch Linnhe. We are just 5 minutes' drive from Fort William and 10 minutes drive from Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain. Originally built in 1965, the hotel has always belonged to our family....
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- Off Beat Bikes117 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
Discover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff...
- Achnacarry Steading Apartments - self catering holidaysAchnacarry Steading Apartments, Achnacarry Estate, Spean Bridge, PH344EJ
* Weekly and 3 nights from £95 per night * Please enquire on 01397712807 or book online for weekly prices Availability/special offers are displayed on our website home pageCheck our reviews @ http://www.achnacarry.com/self-catering-accommodation/search-to-review Welcome to Achnacarry Steading Apartments - superb self catering accommodation near Fort William - located on the ancestral home of the...
- Torlundy HouseHappy Valley, Torlundy, Fort William, PH33 6SN
Torlundy House is a family run Guest House located in the rural settlement of Torlundy some 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Fort William in the Highlands of Scotland. Your hosts, Michael and Maxean, have been providing B&B for 14 years in Torlundy.We have lived in Torlundy for nearly 15 years now...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- Glencoe Mountain CottagesGleann Leac na Muidhe, Glencoe, PA49 4LA
Enjoy a lovely 4 star cottage with just the most amazing views. Our Glencoe self catering holiday cottages are wonderfully situated a mile up a secret valley off, most probably, Scotlands most photographed, magnificent and historical glen -Glencoe.The two modern and clean, semi-detached self catering holiday cottages, sit below some of...
- Highland Aerial Photography and VideoWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
From my base in Fort William I offer an aerial photography and video filming service throughout Scotland and in particular, the Highlands of Scotland. Digital Studio Aerial Photography and Video has been in business for more than 25 years working as a professional photographer. As a fully insured and qualified BNUC-s pilot with CAA...