Atlas Mountaineering | Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
Climb Ben Nevis now for only £69.00
PRIVATE VIA FERRATA GUIDING. BRAND NEW TO SCOTLAND AND BY FAR THE UK’S BEST VIA FERRATA.
TRIPS STARTING JUNE 2014!
BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
Ben Nevis trips, Winter skills training, Ice climbing and Winter walking! No experience needed!
Whilst making a mountain out of a molehill is acceptable behaviour if you’re a bit of a drama queen, we can’t help but think it was a waste of time to bring our walking boots.Go bigger with the UK’s biggest mountain, Ben Nevis, and enjoy a guided tour with Atlas Mountaineering for only £69.00
- Guided tours of Ben Nevis and the surrounding area
- Private and public tours available
- Rated 5 stars on Trip Advisor
- Rated 4 stars by Visit Scotland
- UK’s highest mountain
- Suitable for ages 8+
Even before you arrive, Atlas Mountaineering’s guides will be providing handy information by letting you know exactly what clothing and kit you should be bringing on the day. Once you arrive, you and your group will get ready to tackle the mountain. The guides know every twist and turn of Ben Nevis and have scooped a 5 star Trip Advisor rating as well as being rated 4 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board.
The UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis, stands at 1,344 metres above sea level at the western end of the Grampian mountains. As you climb, you’ll take in the stunning scenery of the peaks and greenery around you, along with bursts of Scottish heather. Suitable for kids from age 8, today’s deal is the perfect family adventure.
Loved by Trip Advisor
"Thank goodness we had a guide and Atlas Mountaineering to tell us to hire all the right equipment, otherwise we would have had to turn back and not reach the summit like so many other people had to do.”
"Atlas and Connor provided an excellent organised trip with a top guide for the day in Rich …he was patient / informative / educational / humorous and allowed us all to enjoy a very challenging but rewarding day."
"We had a brilliant time with Connor and Hannah, learning about how to be safe in the hills in winter. We learnt about winter navigation, route planning, basic Avalanche awareness, crampons and ice axes, along with getting some great hiking in! We will definitely be back and can't recommend Connor and Hannah enough as guides!"
Walking the Wild Side
A very special way to see what Lochaber has to offer.
One of our most popular experiences is our day and a half walk from Glen Nevis. We will set off at around 3pm and walk through the Steall Meadows and catch a glimpse of the famous Steall falls, from here we will walk up into the watershed of Ben Nevis and camp for the evening. As you watch the sun set around the surrounding mountains and wilderness you will begin to experience one of the UK’s true dark zones, this means that there is no light pollution! The stars are truly amazing here and it is not uncommon to see the odd shooting star, meteor shower or the aurora borealis. You don’t need to worry about dinner as it’s included in the price and we will fill you full of hot chocolate as you get ready to settle in for the most peaceful night’s sleep you will ever have. In the morning we will wake up, eat some breakfast and break camp. From there we will walk up on to the summit of Carn Mor Dearg our first Munro of the day and on to the Carn Mor Dearg arête. This arête is described by Walk Highlands as “the finest way to see Ben Nevis” and they are not wrong, the spectacular arête gives fine airy views of the 600m north face and it is not unusual to not see a soul until we reach the summit of Ben Nevis. It truly is the wild side! Once we have climbed Ben Nevis we will walk down to the Ben Nevis Inn and relax for the rest of the afternoon while you can look back on what we have managed over the past two days.
Rock Climbing this Summer
Haven't tried it before, but always fancied it?
We run private rock climbing guiding for all abilities, only in small groups, perfect if you haven't tried before.
If you are looking at something more mountainous, how about the infamous Tower Ridge or some more classic rock climbing in Glen Coe?
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Winter Activities
- Biking Holidays
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Walking holidays
- Mountain Guides
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Guided Scrambling
- Guided Hill Walking
- Guided mountain walks
- Outdoor activity provider
- mountain bike skills coach
- mountain bike guide
- Rock Climbing
- ben nevis guide
- Criost's TaxiI Just recently started an environmentally friendly private hire/ taxi and want to introduce ourselves to the corporate clients as our service is unique and different in our area. I also provide Special Transportation Services including sight-seeing city tours, and transportation for special events and weddings.English and Spanish speaking....
- Achaderry FarmhouseAchaderry Farmhouse is located near Roy Bridge on its own estate neighbouring Kinchellie Croft self catering holidays.The farmhouse was new on the market in 2016 and was completely refurnished for let. The property can sleep up to 10 people and has its own unique and secluded location. The view speaks for itself - looking across the glen to the Grey Corries, Aonach Mor, Carn Mor Dearg and of course, the mighty Ben...
- 1 Day Tours in the HighlandsA selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest loch's. amazing seascapes, historic Scottish castles and keeps. Discover Glen Nevis (Braveheart - Rob Roy -locations), Old Inverlochy Castle, Achnacarry...
You may be interested in
- Highland Retreats - Luxury Self Catering in InvergarryRiver Court, PH35 4AA
Around half an hour from Fort William and perfect for exploring Skye and the Isles, Loch Ness and the Great Glen, our apartments at River Court are a great place to stay, and are both modern and comfortable. We currently have four first floor and two ground floor apartments available to...
- Achnacarry Steading Apartments - self catering holidaysAchnacarry Steading Apartments, Achnacarry Estate, Spean Bridge, PH344EJ
* Weekly and 3 nights from £95 per night * Please enquire on 01397712807 or book online for weekly prices Availability/special offers are displayed on our website home pageCheck our reviews @ http://www.achnacarry.com/self-catering-accommodation/search-to-review Welcome to Achnacarry Steading Apartments - superb self catering accommodation near Fort William - located on the ancestral home of the...
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastGrange Road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
A superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent...
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- Moorings HotelBanavie , Fort William, PH33 7LY
Celebrated as one of the most popular hotels in Fort William, the Moorings Hotel is a hidden gem, located just five minutes drive from Fort William town centre but a million miles away from every day hustle and bustle.Situated on the banks of the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune’s staircase...
- The Willows Guest House, Fort WilliamThe Willows, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Willows is a 3 star family run guest house situated by the shores of Loch Linnhe with views of the Ardgour hills. Located close to Fort William town centre it is approximately a 10 - 15 minute pleasant stroll along the gardens of Loch Linnhe to the restaurants, bars and shops. But for...
- Glengarry Castle HotelInvergarry, PH35 4HW
Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich, which lies between Loch Ness and Loch Lochy at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland.Glengarry Castle Hotel is a 4 star scottish accommodation offering great...
- Highland Taxis26 carn dearg, Fort William, PH33 6QD
Highland Taxis Ltd are based in Fort William in the heart of Lochaber.Our position on the A82 means we are the perfect choice for providing transport to and from the main transport links in Glasgow and Edinburgh from anywhere in the Highlands As a small company our main goal is customer satisfaction...
- Sleeps 5Cedar Lodge - Self Catering Cottage Fort WilliamWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Cedar Lodge is one of the closest self catering places to Fort William's downhill mountain biking tracks and winter skiing/snowboarding at Nevis Range. We are also within 10 minutes of the Ben Nevis North Face car park, and 15 minutes from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre where most people begin their...
- Inverskilavulin Lodges - self catering near Fort WilliamBanavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our two Fort William holiday lodges, Beinn Loy and Beinn Bhan are the holiday accommodation for small families and couples. Our luxury two bedroom lodges nestling at the foot of one of Scotland's Corbett hills, are quite near the Caledonian canal and the Great Glen Way, and only 9 miles from...
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Ambrose Gillham11 Seaview Terrace, , Fort William, Fort William, PH33 6RG
This is a large and comfortable apartment with great views in a very convenient quiet location close to the town centre. It is ideal for a family group or group of friends for a relaxed break or to explore the Highlands of Scotland.The beautiful Cow Hill Circuit which gives access directly...
- Glencoe Mountain CottagesGleann Leac na Muidhe, Glencoe, PA49 4LA
Enjoy a lovely 4 star cottage with just the most amazing views. Our Glencoe self catering holiday cottages are wonderfully situated a mile up a secret valley off, most probably, Scotlands most photographed, magnificent and historical glen -Glencoe.The two modern and clean, semi-detached self catering holiday cottages, sit below some of...
- Sleeps 4Fordon Self Catering ApartmentFordon, Badabrie, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Fordon Self Catering Apartment is both modern and fully equipped while still being cosy and comfortable allowing a peaceful and tranquil break. Fordon has stunning panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mhor with the town of Fort William and Loch Linnhe situated below and the Caledonian Canal nearby. While being...
- Glenfinnan House Hotel & RestaurantGlenfinnan House, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
Glenfinnan House Hotel stands just around the bay from the tall Bonnie Prince Charlie monument on Loch Shiel, with its lawn rolling down to the beach. The famous Glenfinnan viaduct railway bridge, used as a scene in several Harry Potter films, is a 10-minute walk away through the Glenfinnan Estate where...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamBank Street, Fort William, PH33 6AX
Thanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that...