Distant Hills Guest House, Spean Bridge
Our bed and breakfast rooms are all ensuite and are rated by the AA as 4 gold star grade. We are one of only 50 accommodation providers in Scotland with an AA Breakfast Award.
Free Wifi is available throughout the building which guests consistently rate as "Excellent" and most mobile phone 4G services.
There is no "family room" in Distant Hills so we have decided to focus on creating a relaxed and peaceful place for singles, couples and older families. We therefore do not accept children under 12 years of age.
Our village is described as the Crossroads of the Highlands as it is convenient for visiting:
- Ben Nevis
- The Commando Monument
- Fort William
- Monessie Gorge
- Glenfinnan viaduct
- Loch Ness
Recent Review published on Trip Advisor:-
Excellent breakfast, real porridge, full breakfast with local ingredients, or Scottish specialities including smoked salmon, venison salami, cheese and so on.
They gave us great advice on where to go, how to get around and so on. You can't learn that kind of hospitality - they saw us running before breakfast one day, and that evening under our door we found posted a 5km route perfect for running, which of course we tried the next day. The Commando walk, beautiful and full of historical remnants.
The rooms are well decorated, comfortable, and very neatly put together, with wonderful views of Ben Nevis and surrounding peaks.
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- walk to pub
- Walk from Bus/train station
- Superb Great Glen Location
- On the Road to Skye
- Fort William 9 miles
- Bed and Breakfast Provider
- countryside location
- Large private car park
- WiFi throughout
- Large guest lounge
- All rooms ensuite
- Restaurants nearby
- jacobite steam train
- AA breakfast award
- Award nominated
- Off Beat BikesDiscover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff who can help with great route ideas and advice....
- Adventure Nevis - Ben Nevis Mountain GuideIf you are looking for a Ben Nevis Mountain Guide, Adventure Nevis is a Scottish-based guiding service offering classic mountain days on Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain, standing at 1,344 metres. The Ben Nevis mountain footpath ascent - 6 to 8 hours - is ideal for public, private and charity groups. For the slightly more experienced walker, Ben Nevis via the CMD arete - 8 to 10 hours - is a...
- Highland TaxisHighland Taxis Ltd are based in Fort William in the heart of Lochaber.Our position on the A82 means we are the perfect choice for providing transport to and from the main transport links in Glasgow and Edinburgh from anywhere in the Highlands As a small company our main goal is customer satisfaction and this reflects in our prices,which get even beter if a return journey is booked.WIFI available for longer journeys free...
You may be interested in
- Lime Tree RestaurantLime Tree Hotel, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of...
- The Granite House74 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
THE GRANITE HOUSE on Fort William High Street has been serving locals and visitors with the very best gifts since 1977. From our early days as a small souvenir store we have expanded to 8 departments over 2 floors.Traditional & contemporary jewellery from Scottish and International designersWatches from STORM, ICE, TIMEX,...
- Wildwood Bushcraft - survival skills, natural history and adventure in the Highlands!Wildwood, Roshven, Lochailort, PH38 4NB
Woodland and coastal survival adventures in Lochaber - an adventurous family or small group outdoor activity. Try your hand at bushcraft, survival skills, foraging, wildlife tracking and navigation in the beautiful ancient woodlands, hills and coastlines of the West Coast, within easy reach of Fort William. Learn fundamental skills like how...
- Vertical Descents - outdoor activities Fort WilliamVertical Descents Main Office, Inchree Falls, Onich, Fort William, PH33 6SE
Ranked as Fort William's No. 1 outdoor activity attraction on Tripadvisor in 2014, we work hard to make our activities the highlight of your holiday! Find us on the A82 between Glencoe and Fort William. We specialise in White Water Rafting and Canyoning, not to mention River Bugging, Via Ferrata and Fun...
- House of Clan Jamfrie - whisky, art, gifts129 High street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
One of Fort William's specialist retail gift shops - we have lots of quality souvenirs and a great selection of Scotch whisky - in miniature bottles, which make great gifts. Our art gallery has a selection of Highland paintings and photographs both framed or unframed. We have lots of quality Highland...
- Highland Aerial Photography and VideoWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
From my base in Fort William I offer an aerial photography and video filming service throughout Scotland and in particular, the Highlands of Scotland. Digital Studio Aerial Photography and Video has been in business for more than 25 years working as a professional photographer. As a fully insured and qualified BNUC-s pilot with CAA...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guiding60 Castle Drive, Lochyside, Fort William, PH33 7NS
At Lochaber Guides we pride ourselves in offering our clients a unique and unforgettable experience in the Scottish Mountains. From meeting you at the start of your trip to taking the final few steps, our highly experienced, professional and qualified guides will be there to look after you and give you...
- Active Highs - outdoor activities Fort WilliamThe Great Glen Water Park, South Laggan, By Spean Bridge, PH344EA
Ranked as the No. 1 outdoor activity attraction in our area on Tripadvisor in 2015, Our staff ensure that your activity is a fun and memorable holiday experience that you and your family will remember for life! We are based in the heart of the Great Glen on Loch Oich and the Caledonian...
- Criost's Taxiupper achintore, fort william, PH336JX
I Just recently started an environmentally friendly private hire/ taxi and want to introduce ourselves to the corporate clients as our service is unique and different in our area. I also provide Special Transportation Services including sight-seeing city tours, and transportation for special events and weddings.English and Spanish speaking....
- Woody's Taxis Fort William29 Banff Crescent, Fort William, PH33 6TT
FROM THE BEN TO THE GLEN, AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU IN SAFETY AND COMFORT.Based in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, our location provides an excellent base for walking, climbing and sight-seeing. Our comfortable taxis will get you to your destination safely and on time.We are available...
- Mudrock Adventure58 Drumfada Terrace, Corpach, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7LA
Mudrock Adventure All year round Mountain Biking and Mountaineering Adventures in Scotland. We are based in Fort William on the West coast of Scotland which means we have access to some of the best Mountain Biking and summer and winter Mountaineering in the U.K. Our aim at Mudrock is to develop...
- The Digital Studio - aerial photography, property photographyBen Nevis Office, Woodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Aerial photography and video is a potent marketing tool. Not everyone gets it though.If you are working on a civil engineering project, or hoping to sell your beautiful home quickly, a set of aerial photographs taken by a professional photographer can make a difference.If you are working in the tourism market,...
- Wild West - wildlife safari trips9 MacKay Crescent, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7JB
Wild West - Wildlife safaris in Scotland's wild places Wild West offer a selection of wildlife experiences based in the Lochaber area. See Scotland's " Big Five", Photograph red deer, join a searchlight safari to look for the elusive pine marten or a dawn safari to see lekking black grouse, or...
- Hunter Mountaineering & Guiding10 Glenlochy Road, Fort William, PH33 6GY
Welcome to Hunter Mountaineering - Professional, friendly and experienced Guiding, Instruction and Coaching in all aspects of British Mountaineering and Climbing. We offer Private Guiding and the courses that follow - Private Guiding This is the solution if you want to 'tick' specific climbs, summits or scrambles or work on particular skills. What...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Access-Mountain Guides53 Lundy Road, Inverlochy, Fort William, PH33 6NZ
Friendly mountain guiding and skills instruction based out of Fort William and covering Ben Nevis, Glencoe, Skye and the Cairngorms. Come and enjoy adventurous days out in the stunning Scottish Highlands with professional, fully qualified Instructors. Please have a look at our website and see what you can do!...