Distant Hills Guest House, Spean Bridge
Our bed and breakfast rooms are all ensuite and are rated by the AA as 4 gold star grade. We are one of only 50 accommodation providers in Scotland with an AA Breakfast Award.
Free Wifi is available throughout the building which guests consistently rate as "Excellent" and most mobile phone 4G services.
There is no "family room" in Distant Hills so we have decided to focus on creating a relaxed and peaceful place for singles, couples and older families. We therefore do not accept children under 12 years of age.
Our village is described as the Crossroads of the Highlands as it is convenient for visiting:
- Ben Nevis
- The Commando Monument
- Fort William
- Monessie Gorge
- Glenfinnan viaduct
- Loch Ness
Recent Review published on Trip Advisor:-
Excellent breakfast, real porridge, full breakfast with local ingredients, or Scottish specialities including smoked salmon, venison salami, cheese and so on.
They gave us great advice on where to go, how to get around and so on. You can't learn that kind of hospitality - they saw us running before breakfast one day, and that evening under our door we found posted a 5km route perfect for running, which of course we tried the next day. The Commando walk, beautiful and full of historical remnants.
The rooms are well decorated, comfortable, and very neatly put together, with wonderful views of Ben Nevis and surrounding peaks.
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- walk to pub
- Walk from Bus/train station
- Superb Great Glen Location
- On the Road to Skye
- Fort William 9 miles
- Bed and Breakfast Provider
- countryside location
- Large private car park
- WiFi throughout
- Large guest lounge
- All rooms ensuite
- Restaurants nearby
- jacobite steam train
- AA breakfast award
- Award nominated
- Woody's Taxis Fort WilliamFROM THE BEN TO THE GLEN, AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU IN SAFETY AND COMFORT.Based in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, our location provides an excellent base for walking, climbing and sight-seeing. Our comfortable taxis will get you to your destination safely and on time.We are available 7 days a week.We have a 4-seater and an 6-seater vehicle available....
- Highland Aerial Photography and VideoFrom my base in Fort William I offer an aerial photography and video filming service throughout Scotland and in particular, the Highlands of Scotland. Digital Studio Aerial Photography and Video has been in business for more than 25 years working as a professional photographer. As a fully insured and qualified BNUC-s pilot with CAA Permission for Aerial Work certificate I offer an aerial photography and video service using a drone and HD camera.Construction Industry Aerial PhotographyI...
- Lime Tree Restaurant'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of fine dining, nonetheless worthy of comparison with the cities best. Fort William finally has a heavy-weight culinary destination.'Sunday Times Restaurant...
You may be interested in
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Mudrock Adventure58 Drumfada Terrace, Corpach, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7LA
Mudrock Adventure All year round Mountain Biking and Mountaineering Adventures in Scotland. We are based in Fort William on the West coast of Scotland which means we have access to some of the best Mountain Biking and summer and winter Mountaineering in the U.K. Our aim at Mudrock is to develop...
- House of Clan Jamfrie - whisky, art, gifts129 High street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
One of Fort William's specialist retail gift shops - we have lots of quality souvenirs and a great selection of Scotch whisky - in miniature bottles, which make great gifts. Our art gallery has a selection of Highland paintings and photographs both framed or unframed. We have lots of quality Highland...
- Access-Mountain Guides53 Lundy Road, Inverlochy, Fort William, PH33 6NZ
Friendly mountain guiding and skills instruction based out of Fort William and covering Ben Nevis, Glencoe, Skye and the Cairngorms. Come and enjoy adventurous days out in the stunning Scottish Highlands with professional, fully qualified Instructors. Please have a look at our website and see what you can do!...
- Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guiding60 Castle Drive, Lochyside, Fort William, PH33 7NS
At Lochaber Guides we pride ourselves in offering our clients a unique and unforgettable experience in the Scottish Mountains. From meeting you at the start of your trip to taking the final few steps, our highly experienced, professional and qualified guides will be there to look after you and give you...
- Off Beat Bikes117 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
Discover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff...
- Adventure Nevis - Ben Nevis Mountain Guide3 Bracara, Morar, PH40 4PE
If you are looking for a Ben Nevis Mountain Guide, Adventure Nevis is a Scottish-based guiding service offering classic mountain days on Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain, standing at 1,344 metres. The Ben Nevis mountain footpath ascent - 6 to 8 hours - is ideal for public, private and charity groups....
- The Digital Studio - aerial photography, property photographyBen Nevis Office, Woodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Aerial photography and video is a potent marketing tool. Not everyone gets it though.If you are working on a civil engineering project, or hoping to sell your beautiful home quickly, a set of aerial photographs taken by a professional photographer can make a difference.If you are working in the tourism market,...
- The Highland Mountain Company31 Lochy Road, Fort William, PH33 6NW
Ben Nevis. Glen Coe. Mountaineering. Winter Munros. Glen Nevis climbing. Low Level Walks. Abseiling. In summer we offer:Ben Nevis ascents via the Pony track, CMD arête, Ledge Route and Tower Ridge.Low level walks like Steal Waterfalls Glen Nevis adventure walk, climbing and abseil,Glen Coe walks and the Aonach Eagach and Curved RidgeMunrosOff the beaten track walks including Corbetts and hard to find peaks.Navigation training. 4...
- The Granite House74 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
THE GRANITE HOUSE on Fort William High Street has been serving locals and visitors with the very best gifts since 1977. From our early days as a small souvenir store we have expanded to 8 departments over 2 floors.Traditional & contemporary jewellery from Scottish and International designersWatches from STORM, ICE, TIMEX,...
- Rockhopper Sea Kayaking and canoe hireUnit 17, Annat Industrial Estate. Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7NA
Rockhopper Sea Kayaking is based near Fort William on the West Coast of Scotland. We offer half, full or multi-day kayak trips through some of the most spectacular coastal, mountain and island scenery in Scotland. This area is rich in wildlife and you may be lucky enough to encounter seals, dolphins,...
- Hunter Mountaineering & Guiding10 Glenlochy Road, Fort William, PH33 6GY
Welcome to Hunter Mountaineering - Professional, friendly and experienced Guiding, Instruction and Coaching in all aspects of British Mountaineering and Climbing. We offer Private Guiding and the courses that follow - Private Guiding The most popular choice. A bespoke service. This is the solution if you want to 'tick' specific climbs, summits or...
- Quad Bike Tours - outdoor adventureThe Old Filling Station, Kinlochlaggan, Newtonmore, PH201BX
We offer fantastic outdoor activities, off road quad biking and 4×4 experiences in one of the most scenic parts of the U.K. With nearly 50,000 acres at our disposal we can offer something for everyone. With one, two and three & half hour trips you will ride through Ancient Caledonian forests,...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Active Highs - outdoor activities Fort WilliamThe Great Glen Water Park, South Laggan, By Spean Bridge, PH344EA
Ranked as the No. 1 outdoor activity attraction in our area on Tripadvisor in 2015, Our staff ensure that your activity is a fun and memorable holiday experience that you and your family will remember for life! We are based in the heart of the Great Glen on Loch Oich and the Caledonian...
- Highland Taxis26 carn dearg, Fort William, PH33 6QD
Highland Taxis Ltd are based in Fort William in the heart of Lochaber.Our position on the A82 means we are the perfect choice for providing transport to and from the main transport links in Glasgow and Edinburgh from anywhere in the Highlands As a small company our main goal is customer satisfaction...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamBank Street, Fort William, PH33 6AX
Thanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that...