Hunter Mountaineering & Guiding
Here at Hunter Mountaineering we have a passion and reputation for excellence in Private Guiding, Instruction, Coaching and Courses. We operate in both Summer and Winter, with activities ranging from Walking up Ben Nevis (summer or winter), to classic rock or ice climbs, mountain navigation and safety. We are based in Fort William but operate all over the Highlands of Scotland.
Decide what you want to do, and when, then Email Max, to make it happen [email protected]
Professional Guiding on Ben Nevis, on the 'Mountain Track', or on the North Face. You can join a group, or make a private booking -
1. Ben Nevis Walk in Winter - Join a Group
2. Ben Nevis Walk in Winter - Private Booking
3. Ben Nevis Walk in Summer - Join a Group
4. Ben Nevis Walk in Summer - Private Booking
5. Climb the North Face
This is your opportunity to describe exactly what you want to do, when, where and with who. Do you want to have mountain guiding, instruction or coaching? Examples of possible opportunities -
* Learn to lead climb
* Be guided on a climb or scramble
* Learn to navigate in summer or winter
* Learn avalanche awareness and avoidance
* Go somewhere new and exciting
Summer and Winter
The Highlands in Scotland offer spectacular opportunities for mountaineering, scrambling and climbing in both Summer (Spring, Summer and Autumn) and Winter seasons. These days and courses are designed to make all of these open to you.
1. Summer - Scrambling and Mountaineering
2. Summer - Introduction to Rock Climbing
3. Summer - Rock Climbing Classics
4. Winter - Mountaineering
5. Winter - Introduction to Winter Climbing
6. Winter - Climbing
Charity Abseils and Abseil Events
Abseil Events for all occasions. A professional, friendly and bespoke service.
Visit our full website at www.eventabseil.co.uk or email [email protected] to let us help you.
About Hunter Mountaineering
Do you love mountains, the outdoors, and the highlands of Scotland? So do I. My name is Max Hunter, and I founded Hunter Mountaineering in 2009 - based here in Fort William, at the base of Ben Nevis – a beautiful place to live and work. I hold the Mountaineering Instructor Certificate (the ‘MIC’ – the highest professional certification for Mountaineering in Great Britain), and am a member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) and the Mountain Training Association (MTA).
Decide what you want to do, then Email Max, to make it happen [email protected]
Tel: 07724 740225
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Private Guiding
- Winter Skills
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Mountain Guides
- Outdoor activity provider
- activity holidays
- Summer Climbing
- local outdoor provider
- Guided Hill Walking
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Rock Climbing
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Scrambling
- Gowan Brae HouseA warm highland welcome awaits you at Gowan Brae which was built at the turn of the 20th century and is situated on the hillside above the town overlooking Loch Linnhe and the Treislaig Hills. We offer two double ensuite rooms and one twin room with private facilities.An extensive breakfast menu including vegetarian options is on offer and particular attention is paid to the quality and presentation of food served in...
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastA superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent atmosphere ensuring our guests enjoy the majestic Scottish scenery surrounding them.Enjoy afternoon tea and shortbread on arrival in the spacious...
- Off Beat BikesDiscover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff who can help with great route ideas and advice....
You may be interested in
- Lochview Guesthouse, OnichLochview Guesthouse, Bunree, Nr Onich, PH33 6SE
We have three spacious and luxurious rooms which all have king sized beds, modern, high quality bathrooms, and a comfortable seating area, where you will be served home baking with tea or coffee on arrival. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all guests. Our two largest rooms share our stunning loch view, whilst the...
- Sleeps 26Calluna - Self Catering apartments and bunkhouseCalluna, Connochie Road, Fort William, PH33 6JX
Ben Nevis mountain country - Calluna self catering apartment(s) in Fort William are perfect for walkers, climbers and outdoor people. Welcome to Calluna, self-catering accommodation in the heart of the beautiful Scottish Highlands. Located above the west coast town of Fort William beneath Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Calluna provides the ideal self-catering base...
- Sleeps 2Distant Hills Guest House, Spean BridgeRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH34 4EU
Located in the pretty village of Spean Bridge, about 9 miles from Fort William, our comfortable 4 star guesthouse enjoys a good location in the village, within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. We are also very near Nevis Range for summer gondola trips, forest walks and mountain biking trails.Our...
- Glengarry Castle HotelInvergarry, PH35 4HW
Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich, which lies between Loch Ness and Loch Lochy at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland.Glengarry Castle Hotel is a 4 star scottish accommodation offering great...
- Ardlinnhe Bed & BreakfastAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
Ardlinnhe offers a unique experience for visitors to Fort William. We have a superb location facing Loch Linnhe and three quality ensuite bedrooms to ensure your stay is a very comfortable one. With lots of private parking and only a 5 minutes walk along the lochside into the town centre, it...
- Sleeps 28Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & RestaurantKilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HY
Kilcamb Lodge Hotel is a small, luxury Country House Hotel, breathtakingly situated on the shores of loch Sunart in 22 acres of natural meadow and woodland, where otters and red deer are daily visitors. Close to Fort William and all its outdoor amenities, Ardnamurchan is one of the most un-spoilt regions...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamBank Street, Fort William, PH33 6AX
Thanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that...
- Sleeps 23Coire Glas Guest HouseRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EU
UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP - Please contact us directly for best offers and pricing, 20% winter discount on 3 or more nights - email Morven and Simon Hardiman: [email protected] or call +44(0)1397 712272Bed and Breakfast, Spean Bridge, near Fort William.Coire Glas Guest House is situated at the edge of the Village of...
- Lime Tree RestaurantLime Tree Hotel, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of...
- St Anthonys Bed & BreakfastSt Anthonys, Argyll Road, Fort William, PH33 6LF
St Anthonys is a quiet, comfortable Fort William Bed & Breakfast situated in the middle of town in an elevated position giving lovely views over Loch Linnhe and the surrounding hills. We have 3 Double rooms and 1 Family Suite. All rooms are en-suite, with hospitality trays, hairdryers, flat screen tv/dvd players...
- Burnlea Bed and Breakfast Fort WilliamBurnlea, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RN
Burnlea bed and breakfast in Fort William has stunning, uninterrupted panoramic views over Loch Linnhe to the hills beyond and is just a mile's scenic walk from the shops, restaurants and pubs of Fort William. Free parking, free Wi-Fi, superb breakfasts; Highland hospitality at its best! Rooms from £79 - £110...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Sleeps 4Fordon Self Catering ApartmentFordon, Badabrie, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Fordon Self Catering Apartment is both modern and fully equipped while still being cosy and comfortable allowing a peaceful and tranquil break. Fordon has stunning panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mhor with the town of Fort William and Loch Linnhe situated below and the Caledonian Canal nearby. While being...
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- The Willows Guest House, Fort WilliamThe Willows, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Willows is a 3 star family run guest house situated by the shores of Loch Linnhe with views of the Ardgour hills. Located close to Fort William town centre it is approximately a 10 - 15 minute pleasant stroll along the gardens of Loch Linnhe to the restaurants, bars and shops. But for...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- Sleeps 4Luxury Cottages in Fort WilliamAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33
A Highland Cottage, redesigned and refurbished to the highest standard, yet retaining so much character combined with luxury self catering accommodation. West Lodge Self Catering has luxury bedrooms and sumptuous bathrooms. With lovely views over Loch Linnhe and adjacent to the road South it is a short distance to Fort William....
- Ardmory Bed & BreakfastArdmory, Victoria Road, Fort William, PH33 6BH
Ardmory B&B in Fort William is a modern house with a spacious garden in a quiet street close to the town centre with private parking and convenient for railway and bus stations. There are panoramic views over Loch Linnhe and surrounding mountains. We have 2 double rooms and 1 twin room....