Hunter Mountaineering & Guiding
We offer Private Guiding and the courses that follow -
The most popular choice. A bespoke service. This is the solution if you want to 'tick' specific climbs, summits or scrambles or work on particular skills. What could Private Guiding do for you? - Do you want to learn how to navigate, become more independent as a mountaineer, or do you want to complete a particular route, for example - Tower Ridge, Aonach Eagach, or summit Ben Nevis?
Summer opportunities include -
1 Ben Nevis Walk
Ben Nevis is the highest Munro and mountain in the UK. This day is a guided day walk up the Mountain track. An absolute must for any keen hill walker.
2 Munro Summits
A guided day out on the magnificent Scottish Munros. A few examples could be those in Glencoe, the Mamores, the Aonachs or Grey Corries.
3 Hill Walking, Navigation and Safety
These 2 days are designed to look at the specific skills needed by a hill walker to make them independent, competent , safe and confident in the British Mountains.
4 Scrambling and Mountaineering
These courses are designed to develop your competence, safety and confidence on rough scrambling mountainous terrain in the West Highlands.
5 Introduction to Rock Climbing
These courses are designed to be an intensive but fun introduction to traditional rock climbing, using the varied venues available in the West Coast, or further afield.
6 Rock Climbing Classics
These courses are designed to be an opportunity to climb some of the rock climbing classics of the West Coast of Scotland in venues such as Glencoe, Ben Nevis, Glen Etive or Glen Nevis.
7 Ledge Route
The Classic scramble on the North Face of Ben Nevis. A 'must do' route to the summit of Ben Nevis.
8 Tower Ridge
The Classic’s Classic. If you only do one climb in your life – this is the one you have to do! It is only graded as a Diff, but it is 600m in length, and all the difficulties are waiting high up on the mountain, the Great Tower, the Eastern Traverse and Tower Gap.
9 Aonach Eagach
The scrambling jewel of Glencoe, and arguably mainland UK. It is THE scramble to do in Glencoe. A classic scrambling day.
Winter opportunities includes -
1 Ben Nevis Walk - Winter
A Guided ascent. The highest mountain in the British Isles at 1345m high and a big undertaking, a great challenge and a terrific achievement in the Scottish Winter.
2 Winter Skills and Safety
These courses are designed to cover the main basic skills needed for any winter walker to be safe in the British Mountains in winter conditions.
3 Introduction to Winter Climbing
These courses are designed to introduce a winter mountaineer to winter climbing.
4 Winter Mountaineering
These courses are designed to take a winter walker and develop the skill set required to tackle more technical ground.
5 Winter Climbing
These courses are designed to take winter climbers onto more demanding winter climbs.
About Hunter Mountaineering
Hunter Mountaineering is run by myself, Max Hunter. I hold the Mountaineering Instructor Certificate (the 'MIC' - the highest professional certification for Mountaineering in Great Britain), and am a member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) and the Mountain Training Association (MTA).
Tel 07724 740225
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Private Guiding
- Winter Skills
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Mountain Guides
- Outdoor activity provider
- activity holidays
- Summer Climbing
- local outdoor provider
- Guided Hill Walking
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Rock Climbing
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Scrambling
- Glengarry Castle HotelGlengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich, which lies between Loch Ness and Loch Lochy at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland.Glengarry Castle Hotel is a 4 star scottish accommodation offering great comfort and service to our guests. We are central for touring the Scottish Highlands to Inverness, Ben Nevis, Fort William,...
- Lochy Holiday ParkWoodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven, bed linen and duvets. (towels and tea-towels are not provided). Two bedrooms. - one double and one twin. Outside storage...
- Fordon Self Catering ApartmentFordon Self Catering Apartment is both modern and fully equipped while still being cosy and comfortable allowing a peaceful and tranquil break. Fordon has stunning panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mhor with the town of Fort William and Loch Linnhe situated below and the Caledonian Canal nearby. While being ideally based for travelling to Mallaig, the Isle of Skye, the Small Isles, Inverness, the Ardnamurachan Peninsula and Oban it...
You may be interested in
- Glen Nevis Caravan & Camping ParkGlen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SX
Our award-winning caravan and camping park is set in the midst of spectacular Highland scenery at the foot of Ben Nevis. Explore Glen Nevis on the many footpaths that wind through forests and alongside the River Nevis or relax on our park and enjoy the views and fresh mountain air. We...
- The Digital Studio - aerial photography, property photographyBen Nevis Office, Woodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Aerial photography and video is a potent marketing tool. Not everyone gets it though.If you are working on a civil engineering project, or hoping to sell your beautiful home quickly, a set of aerial photographs taken by a professional photographer can make a difference.If you are working in the tourism market,...
- Ardmory Bed & BreakfastArdmory, Victoria Road, Fort William, PH33 6BH
Ardmory B&B in Fort William is a modern house with a spacious garden in a quiet street close to the town centre with private parking and convenient for railway and bus stations. There are panoramic views over Loch Linnhe and surrounding mountains. We have 2 double rooms and 1 twin room....
- Lime Tree RestaurantLime Tree Hotel, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of...
- Lochaber Lodges - self catering holiday Fort WilliamMoy Farm, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our high quality timber lodges are located in the Great Glen by The Caledonian Canal, about 20 minutes from Fort William town centre. The views of Ben Nevis and the Grey Corries are magnificent! We offer a choice of 12 very comfortable log-built lodges - some perfect for two or four...
- Woody's Taxis Fort William29 Banff Crescent, Fort William, PH33 6TT
FROM THE BEN TO THE GLEN, AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU IN SAFETY AND COMFORT.Based in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, our location provides an excellent base for walking, climbing and sight-seeing. Our comfortable taxis will get you to your destination safely and on time.We are available...
- St Andrews Guest HouseFassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6BD
Only minutes from Fort William town centre and within walking distance of the train station and bus stance, St Andrews House is a wonderful, Victorian building and home to the Wynne Family. Originally the rectory and Choir School for St Andrews Church, which can be seen from the house.St Andrews provides...
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastGrange Road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
A superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent...
- Lochy Holiday Camping and Touring ParkLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Lochy Holiday Park's camping and touring park provides a peaceful riverside location with great views of Ben Nevis.We have separate pitches for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes with electric hook-up if required. The park has clean, well-maintained toilets and showers, a laundry and lots of parking. Our shop stocks basic essentials...
- Inverskilavulin Lodges - self catering near Fort WilliamBanavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our two Fort William holiday lodges, Beinn Loy and Beinn Bhan are the holiday accommodation for small families and couples. Our luxury two bedroom lodges nestling at the foot of one of Scotland's Corbett hills, are quite near the Caledonian canal and the Great Glen Way, and only 9 miles from...
- The Granite House74 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
THE GRANITE HOUSE on Fort William High Street has been serving locals and visitors with the very best gifts since 1977. From our early days as a small souvenir store we have expanded to 8 departments over 2 floors.Traditional & contemporary jewellery from Scottish and International designersWatches from STORM, ICE, TIMEX,...
- Ambrose Gillham11 Seaview Terrace, , Fort William, Fort William, PH33 6RG
This is a large and comfortable apartment with great views in a very convenient quiet location close to the town centre. It is ideal for a family group or group of friends for a relaxed break or to explore the Highlands of Scotland.The beautiful Cow Hill Circuit which gives access directly...
- Highland Retreats - Luxury Self Catering in InvergarryRiver Court, PH35 4AA
Around half an hour from Fort William and perfect for exploring Skye and the Isles, Loch Ness and the Great Glen, our apartments at River Court are a great place to stay, and are both modern and comfortable. We currently have four first floor and two ground floor apartments available to...
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- Off Beat Bikes117 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
Discover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff...
- Distant Hills Guest House, Spean BridgeRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH34 4EU
Located in the pretty village of Spean Bridge, about 9 miles from Fort William, our comfortable 4 star guesthouse enjoys a good location in the village, within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. We are also very near Nevis Range for summer gondola trips, forest walks and mountain biking trails.Our...
- Sleeps 5Cedar Lodge - Self Catering Cottage Fort WilliamWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Cedar Lodge is one of the closest self catering places to Fort William's downhill mountain biking tracks and winter skiing/snowboarding at Nevis Range. We are also within 10 minutes of the Ben Nevis North Face car park, and 15 minutes from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre where most people begin their...
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...