Hunter Mountaineering & Guiding
We offer Private Guiding and the courses that follow -
This is the solution if you want to 'tick' specific climbs, summits or scrambles or work on particular skills. What could Private Guiding do for you? - Do you want to learn how to navigate, become more independent as a mountaineer, or do you want to complete a particular route, for example - Tower Ridge, Aonach Eagach, or summit Ben Nevis?
Summer opportunities include -
1 Ben Nevis Walk
Ben Nevis is the highest Munro and mountain in the UK. This day is a guided day walk up the Mountain track. An absolute must for any keen hill walker.
2 Munro Summits
A guided day out on the magnificent Scottish Munros. A few examples could be those in Glencoe, the Mamores, the Aonachs or Grey Corries.
3 Hill Walking, Navigation and Safety
These 2 days are designed to look at the specific skills needed by a hill walker to make them independent, competent , safe and confident in the British Mountains.
4 Scrambling and Mountaineering
These courses are designed to develop your competence, safety and confidence on rough scrambling mountainous terrain in the West Highlands.
5 Introduction to Rock Climbing
These courses are designed to be an intensive but fun introduction to traditional rock climbing, using the varied venues available in the West Coast, or further afield.
6 Rock Climbing Classics
These courses are designed to be an opportunity to climb some of the rock climbing classics of the West Coast of Scotland in venues such as Glencoe, Ben Nevis, Glen Etive or Glen Nevis.
7 Ledge Route
The Classic scramble on the North Face of Ben Nevis. A 'must do' route to the summit of Ben Nevis.
8 Tower Ridge
The Classic’s Classic. If you only do one climb in your life – this is the one you have to do! It is only graded as a Diff, but it is 600m in length, and all the difficulties are waiting high up on the mountain, the Great Tower, the Eastern Traverse and Tower Gap.
9 Aonach Eagach
The scrambling jewel of Glencoe, and arguably mainland UK. It is THE scramble to do in Glencoe. A classic scrambling day.
Winter opportunities includes -
1 Ben Nevis Walk - Winter
A Guided ascent. The highest mountain in the British Isles at 1345m high and a big undertaking, a great challenge and a terrific achievement in the Scottish Winter.
2 Winter Skills and Safety
These courses are designed to cover the main basic skills needed for any winter walker to be safe in the British Mountains in winter conditions.
3 Introduction to Winter Climbing
These courses are designed to introduce a winter mountaineer to winter climbing.
4 Winter Mountaineering
These courses are designed to take a winter walker and develop the skill set required to tackle more technical ground.
5 Winter Climbing
These courses are designed to take winter climbers onto more demanding winter climbs.
About Hunter Mountaineering
Hunter Mountaineering is run by myself, Max Hunter. I hold the Mountaineering Instructor Certificate (the 'MIC' - the highest professional certification for Mountaineering in Great Britain), and am a member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) and the Mountain Training Association (MTA).
Tel 07724 740225
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Private Guiding
- Winter Skills
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Mountain Guides
- Outdoor activity provider
- activity holidays
- Summer Climbing
- local outdoor provider
- Guided Hill Walking
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Rock Climbing
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Scrambling
- HighwindsHighwinds Bed and Breakfast is in the rural settlement of Torlundy 4 miles north of Fort William with superb views towards the North Face of Ben Nevis and across farmland to the hills beyond Loch Linnhe. We recently completed a full renovation to create a high standard of luxury En-Suite rooms that all take advantage of the magnificent views. Walks in this tranquil location lead directly from Highwinds with the...
- Cedar Lodge - Self Catering Cottage Fort WilliamCedar Lodge is one of the closest self catering places to Fort William's downhill mountain biking tracks and winter skiing/snowboarding at Nevis Range. We are also within 10 minutes of the Ben Nevis North Face car park, and 15 minutes from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre where most people begin their walk up the mountain footpath on Ben Nevis. LATE AVAILABILITY from AUGUST 26 - BOOK NOW BEFORE IT GOES !Due to...
- Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & RestaurantKilcamb Lodge Hotel is a small, luxury Country House Hotel, breathtakingly situated on the shores of loch Sunart in 22 acres of natural meadow and woodland, where otters and red deer are daily visitors. Close to Fort William and all its outdoor amenities, Ardnamurchan is one of the most un-spoilt regions in the Highlands of Scotland. Our ethos is based on a simple ideal of good food, luxury accommodation, peace, harmony...
You may be interested in
- Alba Ben View Holiday CottageHigh View, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EG
Our self catering cottage is located just past the Commando Monument above the village of Spean Bridge - about 10 miles from Fort William town centre and Ben Nevis - a pleasant 20 minute journey. The cottage sits in its own grounds, next to the owners accommodation with superb uninterrupted views...
- Moorings HotelBanavie , Fort William, PH33 7LY
Celebrated as one of the most popular hotels in Fort William, the Moorings Hotel is a hidden gem, located just five minutes drive from Fort William town centre but a million miles away from every day hustle and bustle.Situated on the banks of the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune’s staircase...
- Kinchellie CroftKinchellie Croft, Roy Bridge, Highland, PH31 4AW
Kinchellie Crort provides extremely good value of money self catering holiday accommodation at the same time as offering an excellent standard of log cabins and cottages. We are located in Roy Bridge and perfect for groups looking for a good location for outdoor activities.Our three cottages sleep up to 6 people...
- Sleeps 2The Waterfront - Luxury Self-catering Apartment17 Glenloch View, Achintore Road, PH33 6TZ
This luxury self catering apartment in Fort William is new to the market and is a delight. Located by the shore of Loch Linnhe, and a short walk into town, our "just for two" self catering accommodation makes a wonderful place to stay during a visit to Fort William. Partially open-plan...
- Burnlea Bed and Breakfast Fort WilliamBurnlea, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RN
Burnlea bed and breakfast in Fort William has stunning, uninterrupted panoramic views over Loch Linnhe to the hills beyond and is just a mile's scenic walk from the shops, restaurants and pubs of Fort William. Free parking, free Wi-Fi, superb breakfasts; Highland hospitality at its best! Rooms from £79 - £110...
- Lochy Holiday ParkCamagheal, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Woodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven,...
- Glengarry Castle HotelInvergarry, PH35 4HW
Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich, which lies between Loch Ness and Loch Lochy at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland.Glengarry Castle Hotel is a 4 star scottish accommodation offering great...
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageStrontian, By Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, Highlands, PH36 4JA
Honeysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Inverskilavulin Lodges - self catering near Fort WilliamBanavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our two Fort William holiday lodges, Beinn Loy and Beinn Bhan are the holiday accommodation for small families and couples. Our luxury two bedroom lodges nestling at the foot of one of Scotland's Corbett hills, are quite near the Caledonian canal and the Great Glen Way, and only 9 miles from...
- Ambrose Gillham11 Seaview Terrace, , Fort William, Fort William, PH33 6RG
This is a large and comfortable apartment with great views in a very convenient quiet location close to the town centre. It is ideal for a family group or group of friends for a relaxed break or to explore the Highlands of Scotland.The beautiful Cow Hill Circuit which gives access directly...
- Springburn Farm HouseSpringburn, Stronaba, Spean Bridge, PH34 4DX
Located a short distance from the world-famous Commando Monument above the village of Spean Bridge, our modern and comfortable 4-star bed and breakfast is a great place to stay for a few days. We offer a real Highland welcome, a comfortable ensuite room with a great breakfast served from 7am.We have...
- Ardmory Bed & BreakfastArdmory, Victoria Road, Fort William, PH33 6BH
Ardmory B&B in Fort William is a modern house with a spacious garden in a quiet street close to the town centre with private parking and convenient for railway and bus stations. There are panoramic views over Loch Linnhe and surrounding mountains. We have 2 double rooms and 1 twin room....
- Glenfinnan House Hotel & RestaurantGlenfinnan House, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
Glenfinnan House Hotel stands just around the bay from the tall Bonnie Prince Charlie monument on Loch Shiel, with its lawn rolling down to the beach. The famous Glenfinnan viaduct railway bridge, used as a scene in several Harry Potter films, is a 10-minute walk away through the Glenfinnan Estate where...
- Ardlinnhe Bed & BreakfastAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
Ardlinnhe offers a unique experience for visitors to Fort William. We have a superb location facing Loch Linnhe and three quality ensuite bedrooms to ensure your stay is a very comfortable one. With lots of private parking and only a 5 minutes walk along the lochside into the town centre, it...
- Torlundy HouseHappy Valley, Torlundy, Fort William, PH33 6SN
Torlundy House is a family run Guest House located in the rural settlement of Torlundy some 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Fort William in the Highlands of Scotland. Your hosts, Michael and Maxean, have been providing B&B for 14 years in Torlundy.We have lived in Torlundy for nearly 15 years now...
- Highland Aerial Photography and VideoWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
From my base in Fort William I offer an aerial photography and video filming service throughout Scotland and in particular, the Highlands of Scotland. Digital Studio Aerial Photography and Video has been in business for more than 25 years working as a professional photographer. As a fully insured and qualified BNUC-s pilot with CAA...
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastGrange Road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
A superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent...