Hunter Mountaineering & Guiding
Here at Hunter Mountaineering we have a passion and reputation for excellence in Private Guiding, Instruction, Coaching and Courses. We operate in both Summer and Winter, with activities ranging from Walking up Ben Nevis (summer or winter), to classic rock or ice climbs, mountain navigation and safety. We are based in Fort William but operate all over the Highlands of Scotland.
Decide what you want to do, and when, then Email Max, to make it happen firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the solution if you want to 'tick' specific climbs, summits or scrambles or work on particular skills. What could Private Guiding do for you? - Do you want to learn how to navigate, become more independent as a mountaineer, or do you want to complete a particular route, for example - Tower Ridge, Aonach Eagach, or summit Ben Nevis?
1. Ben Nevis Mountain Path Walk
2. Ledge Route on Ben Nevis
3. Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis
4. Aonach Eagach in Glencoe
5. Curved Ridge in Glencoe
6. Scrambling and Mountaineering on Ben Nevis or Glencoe
7. Introduction to Rock Climbing
8. Rock Climbing Classics
9. Hill Walking, Navigation and Safety
1 Ben Nevis Walk - Winter
2 Winter Skills and Safety
3 Introduction to Winter Climbing
4 Winter Mountaineering
5 Winter Climbing
About Hunter Mountaineering
Do you love mountains, the outdoors, and the highlands of Scotland? So do I. My name is Max Hunter, and I founded Hunter Mountaineering in 2009 - based here in Fort William, at the base of Ben Nevis – a beautiful place to live and work. I hold the Mountaineering Instructor Certificate (the ‘MIC’ – the highest professional certification for Mountaineering in Great Britain), and am a member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) and the Mountain Training Association (MTA).
Decide what you want to do, then Email Max, to make it happen email@example.com
Tel 07724 740225
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Private Guiding
- Winter Skills
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Mountain Guides
- Outdoor activity provider
- activity holidays
- Summer Climbing
- local outdoor provider
- Guided Hill Walking
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Rock Climbing
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Scrambling
- Cedar Lodge - Self Catering Cottage Fort WilliamCedar Lodge is one of the closest self catering places to Fort William's downhill mountain biking tracks and winter skiing/snowboarding at Nevis Range. We are also within 10 minutes of the Ben Nevis North Face car park, and 15 minutes from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre where most people begin their walk up the mountain footpath on Ben Nevis. LATE AVAILABILITY from AUGUST 26 - BOOK NOW BEFORE IT GOES !Due to...
- Calluna - Self Catering apartments and bunkhouseBen Nevis mountain country - Calluna self catering apartment(s) in Fort William are perfect for walkers, climbers and outdoor people. Welcome to Calluna, self-catering accommodation in the heart of the beautiful Scottish Highlands. Located above the west coast town of Fort William beneath Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Calluna provides the ideal self-catering base for your holiday, whatever you wish to do. Families, groups, couples and individuals are welcome, for a short or long...
- House of Clan Jamfrie - whisky, art, giftsOne of Fort William's specialist retail gift shops - we have lots of quality souvenirs and a great selection of Scotch whisky - in miniature bottles, which make great gifts. Our art gallery has a selection of Highland paintings and photographs both framed or unframed. We have lots of quality Highland garments for cold and wet weather, so please come in and browse when you are in town.Clan Jamfrie was established...
You may be interested in
- Sleeps 5Bed & Breakfast, Fort William - a view with a viewWoodside , Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Fort William short breaks and weekend breaks are available all year round. A MARVELLOUS view awaits when you book and stay at our excellent B&B in Fort William.VACANCIES THIS WEEK - 28-30th - please call to book before our rooms are gone - 01397 705897 OR 07760 166 970 - Rooms £70 per...
- Alltonside Guest HouseALLTONSIDE GUEST HOUSE, ACHINTORE ROAD, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6RW
Alltonside is a modern 3 star guest house situated just over a mile from Fort William town centre. It commands fabulous views over Loch Linnhe and the hills beyond. We offer you a comfortable and friendly stay. Each of our six ensuite letting rooms is kept to a high standard with...
- Burnlea Bed and Breakfast Fort WilliamBurnlea, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RN
Burnlea bed and breakfast in Fort William has stunning, uninterrupted panoramic views over Loch Linnhe to the hills beyond and is just a mile's scenic walk from the shops, restaurants and pubs of Fort William. Free parking, free Wi-Fi, superb breakfasts; Highland hospitality at its best! Rooms from £79 - £110...
- Airds Hotel & Restaurant - Luxury Boutique HotelThe Airds Hotel and Restaurant, Port Appin, Appin, PA38 4DF
The Airds Hotel & Restaurant is a romantic luxury boutique hotel located in the stunning hamlet of Port Appin, near Oban, Argyll, situated on the shore of Loch Linnhe with the Morvern mountains behind, on the West Coast of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. This luxury hotel has one of the best reputations in...
- Lapwing Rise Self Catering AccommodationLapwing Rise, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Situated on a working croft just over 3 miles from Fort William this bright and spacious self catering bungalow sleeps up to 7 persons and enjoys wonderful views over the Caledonian Canal to Ben Nevis and the Aonach Mor ski slopes.This holiday home is enclosed within its own garden and the...
- Lime Tree RestaurantLime Tree Hotel, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of...
- St Andrews Guest HouseFassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6BD
Only minutes from Fort William town centre and within walking distance of the train station and bus stance, St Andrews House is a wonderful, Victorian building and home to the Wynne Family. Originally the rectory and Choir School for St Andrews Church, which can be seen from the house.St Andrews provides...
- Moorings HotelBanavie , Fort William, PH33 7LY
Celebrated as one of the most popular hotels in Fort William, the Moorings Hotel is a hidden gem, located just five minutes drive from Fort William town centre but a million miles away from every day hustle and bustle.Situated on the banks of the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune’s staircase...
- Lochview Guesthouse, OnichLochview Guesthouse, Bunree, Nr Onich, PH33 6SE
We have three spacious and luxurious rooms which all have king sized beds, modern, high quality bathrooms, and a comfortable seating area, where you will be served home baking with tea or coffee on arrival. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all guests. Our two largest rooms share our stunning loch view, whilst the...
- Old Harbour Master's Self Catering ApartmentUpper Braeside, Fassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6QX
Conveniently located in Fort William town centre, with great views overlooking Loch Linnhe, this large self catering apartment in Fort William can accommodate up to 8 people. All amenities are provided and included in the price. There is plenty of parking and the local shops, pubs and restaurants are minutes away. Take...
- Sleeps 10Achaderry FarmhouseAchaderry Estate, Roy Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH31 4AW
Achaderry Farmhouse is located near Roy Bridge on its own estate neighbouring Kinchellie Croft self catering holidays.The farmhouse was new on the market in 2016 and was completely refurnished for let. The property can sleep up to 10 people and has its own unique and secluded location. The view speaks for itself...
- Lochy Holiday ParkCamagheal, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Woodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven,...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- Glenfinnan House Hotel & RestaurantGlenfinnan House, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
Glenfinnan House Hotel stands just around the bay from the tall Bonnie Prince Charlie monument on Loch Shiel, with its lawn rolling down to the beach. The famous Glenfinnan viaduct railway bridge, used as a scene in several Harry Potter films, is a 10-minute walk away through the Glenfinnan Estate where...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Lochview GuesthouseHeathercroft Road, Fort William, PH33 6EZ
Lochview Guesthouse sits in a hillside location within mature gardens, enjoying exceptional views across Loch Linnhe towards the Ardgour Hills. It is ideally located for Fort William town centre which is a 10 minute walk away. There are many activities to enjoy from Lochview Guest house including the Jacobite steam train,...
- Torlinnhe Guest HouseAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
Andy and Sue Keen would be delighted to welcome you to Torlinnhe, for an exceptional bed and breakfast experience in Fort William. Our guests’ comfort and enjoyment is our top priority! Right from the moment you call us to enquire you will find us friendly and welcoming. On arrival, relax a...
- Lochaber Lodges - self catering holiday Fort WilliamMoy Farm, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our high quality timber lodges are located in the Great Glen by The Caledonian Canal, about 20 minutes from Fort William town centre. The views of Ben Nevis and the Grey Corries are magnificent! We offer a choice of 12 very comfortable log-built lodges - some perfect for two or four...
- The Granite House74 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
THE GRANITE HOUSE on Fort William High Street has been serving locals and visitors with the very best gifts since 1977. From our early days as a small souvenir store we have expanded to 8 departments over 2 floors.Traditional & contemporary jewellery from Scottish and International designersWatches from STORM, ICE, TIMEX,...