Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guiding
Being a small company, we like to offer our clients a personalised touch. That may mean meeting you the night before for an informal chat about your trip with us the following day, picking you up and dropping you off at your accommodation, or joining you for a celebratory drink after your successful day in the mountains.
We specialise in guided ascents of Ben Nevis:
For those wishing to take a walking route to the summit, we can guide you on the Mountain Track or the more challenging but spectacular Carn Mor Dearg Arete.
We also offer guiding on some of the classic mountaineering/scrambling routes on Ben Nevis such as Ledge Route and the outstanding Tower Ridge !
For those wishing to do some rock climbing on the UK’s highest mountain, North East Buttress and Observatory Ridge are fantastic routes to the summit.
· In nearby Glencoe, the spiritual home of Scottish Mountaineering, we can offer guiding on some of the areas classic scrambles such as Curved Ridge on Buachaille Etive Mor or the (in)famous Aonach Eagach Ridge! As well as these technical routes, we can guide you on walks in Glencoe to suit all levels of experience.
We run courses in Hill skills, for those taking their first steps into the hills, as well as courses in scrambling, for the walkers who wish to become mountaineers! We also offer courses in Rock Climbing for all levels, ranging form beginners, to those wishing to lead multi-pitch climbs. Further afield, we can guide you on the mighty Cuillin Ridge on Skye with days ranging from bagging the Munros, some classic scrambles or the full Cuillin Ridge Traverse.
-The popular Ben Nevis in Winter trip
-Guided Munro walking
-Winter Skills Courses- 1 day or 2 day or tailor made
-Ben Nevis Winter Weekend- a day of skills followed by a day climbing the UK's Highest Peak in Winter!
Lochaber Guides is run by Dave Anderson. Dave holds Mountaineering Instructors Award (MIA), the highest UK instructional award for Summer mountaineering/climbing. He also holds the Winter Mountain Leader Award. More importantly though, he is super friendly and has a true passion for the mountains and his enthusiasm shines through.
Whether you are new to the mountains or experienced we are here to help you fulfil your goals in a safe, friendly and professional way. Adventure Awaits... www.lochaber-guides.co.uk
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Glencoe Mountain Guide
- Carn Mor Dearg Arete Guide
- Highly Experienced and Qualified Guides
- Rock Climbing
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Winter Skills
- Navigation training
- Winter Skills
- ben nevis guide
- glen nevis
- Guided Scrambling
- Guides Rock Climbs
- Tower Ridge
- Aonach Eagach
- Lochy Holiday Camping and Touring ParkLochy Holiday Park's camping and touring park provides a peaceful riverside location with great views of Ben Nevis.We have separate pitches for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes with electric hook-up if required. The park has clean, well-maintained toilets and showers, a laundry and lots of parking. Our shop stocks basic essentials as well as all those bits and pieces your forgot or need replaced. We have lots of green space for...
- HighwindsHighwinds Bed and Breakfast is in the rural settlement of Torlundy 4 miles north of Fort William with superb views towards the North Face of Ben Nevis and across farmland to the hills beyond Loch Linnhe. We recently completed a full renovation to create a high standard of luxury En-Suite rooms that all take advantage of the magnificent views. Walks in this tranquil location lead directly from Highwinds with the...
- Achaderry FarmhouseAchaderry Farmhouse is located near Roy Bridge on its own estate neighbouring Kinchellie Croft self catering holidays.The farmhouse was new on the market in 2016 and was completely refurnished for let. The property can sleep up to 10 people and has its own unique and secluded location. The view speaks for itself - looking across the glen to the Grey Corries, Aonach Mor, Carn Mor Dearg and of course, the mighty Ben...
You may be interested in
- Highland Aerial Photography and VideoWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
From my base in Fort William I offer an aerial photography and video filming service throughout Scotland and in particular, the Highlands of Scotland. Digital Studio Aerial Photography and Video has been in business for more than 25 years working as a professional photographer. As a fully insured and qualified BNUC-s pilot with CAA...
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageStrontian, By Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, Highlands, PH36 4JA
Honeysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every...
- Na Tighean Beaga - The Little HousesRoybridge, Inverness-shire, PH31 4AG
Since 1976 the Matheson Family have welcomed visitors to Na Tighean Beaga, our comfortable self catering bungalows and chalets in Roy Bridge, near Fort William The experience we have gained over the years will ensure a successful and enjoyable holiday for everyone in your family or party.The SiteSome 300 metres from...
- Ben View CottageAlveston, Lochyside, Fort William, PH33
Situated directly in front of Ben Nevis, Ben View Cottage is where Jennifer's forbears made their home after being evicted from the Loch Arkaig area during the Highland Clearances. The house has changed considerably since those far-off days (early 1800's) Now a very comfortable 3 bedroom family home, it is the...
- Sleeps 5Cedar Lodge - Self Catering Cottage Fort WilliamWoodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Cedar Lodge is one of the closest self catering places to Fort William's downhill mountain biking tracks and winter skiing/snowboarding at Nevis Range. We are also within 10 minutes of the Ben Nevis North Face car park, and 15 minutes from the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre where most people begin their...
- Ardmory Bed & BreakfastArdmory, Victoria Road, Fort William, PH33 6BH
Ardmory B&B in Fort William is a modern house with a spacious garden in a quiet street close to the town centre with private parking and convenient for railway and bus stations. There are panoramic views over Loch Linnhe and surrounding mountains. We have 2 double rooms and 1 twin room....
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastGrange Road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
A superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent...
- Sleeps 5Bed & Breakfast, Fort William - a view with a viewWoodside , Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Fort William short breaks and weekend breaks are available all year round. A MARVELLOUS view awaits when you book and stay at our excellent B&B in Fort William.Sorry to disappoint but we have no B&B vacancies until near the end of SeptemberWoodside bed and breakfast in Fort William enjoys a peaceful, countryside...
- St Andrews Guest HouseFassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6BD
Only minutes from Fort William town centre and within walking distance of the train station and bus stance, St Andrews House is a wonderful, Victorian building and home to the Wynne Family. Originally the rectory and Choir School for St Andrews Church, which can be seen from the house.St Andrews provides...
- Old Harbour Master's Self Catering ApartmentUpper Braeside, Fassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6QX
Conveniently located in Fort William town centre, with great views overlooking Loch Linnhe, this large self catering apartment in Fort William can accommodate up to 8 people. All amenities are provided and included in the price. There is plenty of parking and the local shops, pubs and restaurants are minutes away. Take...
- St Anthonys Bed & BreakfastSt Anthonys, Argyll Road, Fort William, PH33 6LF
St Anthonys is a quiet, comfortable Fort William Bed & Breakfast situated in the middle of town in an elevated position giving lovely views over Loch Linnhe and the surrounding hills. We have 3 Double rooms and 1 Family Suite. All rooms are en-suite, with hospitality trays, hairdryers, flat screen tv/dvd players...
- The Granite House74 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
THE GRANITE HOUSE on Fort William High Street has been serving locals and visitors with the very best gifts since 1977. From our early days as a small souvenir store we have expanded to 8 departments over 2 floors.Traditional & contemporary jewellery from Scottish and International designersWatches from STORM, ICE, TIMEX,...
- The Grange Bed & BreakfastGrange road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
One of Fort William's fabulous 5 star Guesthouses looks forward to welcoming you to our comfortable home. Tucked away in its own grounds overlooking Loch Linnhe Yet only 10 min walk from the town centre offering luxury rooms with both traditional and contemporary design PierreCardin and egyptian cotton bedlinen Penhaligon toiletries, fresh...
- Glengarry Castle HotelInvergarry, PH35 4HW
Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich, which lies between Loch Ness and Loch Lochy at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland.Glengarry Castle Hotel is a 4 star scottish accommodation offering great...
- Achnacarry Steading Apartments - self catering holidaysAchnacarry Steading Apartments, Achnacarry Estate, Spean Bridge, PH344EJ
* Weekly and 3 nights from £95 per night * Please enquire on 01397712807 or book online for weekly prices Availability/special offers are displayed on our website home pageCheck our reviews @ http://www.achnacarry.com/self-catering-accommodation/search-to-review Welcome to Achnacarry Steading Apartments - superb self catering accommodation near Fort William - located on the ancestral home of the...
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- Kinchellie CroftKinchellie Croft, Roy Bridge, Highland, PH31 4AW
Kinchellie Crort provides extremely good value of money self catering holiday accommodation at the same time as offering an excellent standard of log cabins and cottages. We are located in Roy Bridge and perfect for groups looking for a good location for outdoor activities.Our three cottages sleep up to 6 people...