Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guiding
Being a small company, we like to offer our clients a personalised touch. That may mean meeting you the night before for an informal chat about your trip with us the following day, picking you up and dropping you off at your accommodation, or joining you for a celebratory drink after your successful day in the mountains.
We specialise in guided ascents of Ben Nevis:
For those wishing to take a walking route to the summit, we can guide you on the Mountain Track or the more challenging but spectacular Carn Mor Dearg Arete.
We also offer guiding on some of the classic mountaineering/scrambling routes on Ben Nevis such as Ledge Route and the outstanding Tower Ridge !
For those wishing to do some rock climbing on the UK’s highest mountain, North East Buttress and Observatory Ridge are fantastic routes to the summit.
· In nearby Glencoe, the spiritual home of Scottish Mountaineering, we can offer guiding on some of the areas classic scrambles such as Curved Ridge on Buachaille Etive Mor or the (in)famous Aonach Eagach Ridge! As well as these technical routes, we can guide you on walks in Glencoe to suit all levels of experience.
We run courses in Hill skills, for those taking their first steps into the hills, as well as courses in scrambling, for the walkers who wish to become mountaineers! We also offer courses in Rock Climbing for all levels, ranging form beginners, to those wishing to lead multi-pitch climbs. Further afield, we can guide you on the mighty Cuillin Ridge on Skye with days ranging from bagging the Munros, some classic scrambles or the full Cuillin Ridge Traverse.
-The popular Ben Nevis in Winter trip
-Guided Munro walking
-Winter Skills Courses- 1 day or 2 day or tailor made
-Ben Nevis Winter Weekend- a day of skills followed by a day climbing the UK's Highest Peak in Winter!
Lochaber Guides is run by Dave Anderson. Dave holds Mountaineering Instructors Award (MIA), the highest UK instructional award for Summer mountaineering/climbing. He also holds the Winter Mountain Leader Award. More importantly though, he is super friendly and has a true passion for the mountains and his enthusiasm shines through.
Whether you are new to the mountains or experienced we are here to help you fulfil your goals in a safe, friendly and professional way. Adventure Awaits... www.lochaber-guides.co.uk
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Glencoe Mountain Guide
- Carn Mor Dearg Arete Guide
- Highly Experienced and Qualified Guides
- Rock Climbing
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Winter Skills
- Navigation training
- Winter Skills
- ben nevis guide
- glen nevis
- Guided Scrambling
- Guides Rock Climbs
- Tower Ridge
- Aonach Eagach
- The Waterfront - Luxury Self-catering ApartmentThis luxury self catering apartment in Fort William is new to the market and is a delight. Located by the shore of Loch Linnhe, and a short walk into town, our "just for two" self catering accommodation makes a wonderful place to stay during a visit to Fort William. Partially open-plan the holiday accommodation comprises an airy sitting room with leather settees and maple flooring.There's a breakfast bar and the stylish...
- Kinchellie CroftKinchellie Crort provides extremely good value of money self catering holiday accommodation at the same time as offering an excellent standard of log cabins and cottages. We are located in Roy Bridge and perfect for groups looking for a good location for outdoor activities.Our three cottages sleep up to 6 people and the two log cabins sleep up to 4 persons.We are open all year round and available for weekly lets...
- Glencoe Mountain CottagesEnjoy a lovely 4 star cottage with just the most amazing views. Our Glencoe self catering holiday cottages are wonderfully situated a mile up a secret valley off, most probably, Scotlands most photographed, magnificent and historical glen -Glencoe.The two modern and clean, semi-detached self catering holiday cottages, sit below some of Scotland's highest mountains. Amongst this beautiful scenery, in what must be one of the most imposing and impressive locations in...
You may be interested in
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- Ambrose Gillham11 Seaview Terrace, , Fort William, Fort William, PH33 6RG
This is a large and comfortable apartment with great views in a very convenient quiet location close to the town centre. It is ideal for a family group or group of friends for a relaxed break or to explore the Highlands of Scotland.The beautiful Cow Hill Circuit which gives access directly...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Alltonside Guest HouseALLTONSIDE GUEST HOUSE, ACHINTORE ROAD, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6RW
Alltonside is a modern 3 star guest house situated just over a mile from Fort William town centre. It commands fabulous views over Loch Linnhe and the hills beyond. We offer you a comfortable and friendly stay. Each of our six ensuite letting rooms is kept to a high standard with...
- Old Harbour Master's Self Catering ApartmentUpper Braeside, Fassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6QX
Conveniently located in Fort William town centre, with great views overlooking Loch Linnhe, this large self catering apartment in Fort William can accommodate up to 8 people. All amenities are provided and included in the price. There is plenty of parking and the local shops, pubs and restaurants are minutes away. Take...
- Torlinnhe Guest HouseAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
Andy and Sue Keen would be delighted to welcome you to Torlinnhe, for an exceptional bed and breakfast experience in Fort William. Our guests’ comfort and enjoyment is our top priority! Right from the moment you call us to enquire you will find us friendly and welcoming. On arrival, relax a...
- Airds Hotel & Restaurant - Luxury Boutique HotelThe Airds Hotel and Restaurant, Port Appin, Appin, PA38 4DF
The Airds Hotel & Restaurant is a romantic luxury boutique hotel located in the stunning hamlet of Port Appin, near Oban, Argyll, situated on the shore of Loch Linnhe with the Morvern mountains behind, on the West Coast of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. This luxury hotel has one of the best reputations in...
- Lapwing Rise Self Catering AccommodationLapwing Rise, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Situated on a working croft just over 3 miles from Fort William this bright and spacious self catering bungalow sleeps up to 7 persons and enjoys wonderful views over the Caledonian Canal to Ben Nevis and the Aonach Mor ski slopes.This holiday home is enclosed within its own garden and the...
- St Andrews Guest HouseFassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6BD
Only minutes from Fort William town centre and within walking distance of the train station and bus stance, St Andrews House is a wonderful, Victorian building and home to the Wynne Family. Originally the rectory and Choir School for St Andrews Church, which can be seen from the house.St Andrews provides...
- House of Clan Jamfrie - whisky, art, gifts129 High street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
One of Fort William's specialist retail gift shops - we have lots of quality souvenirs and a great selection of Scotch whisky - in miniature bottles, which make great gifts. Our art gallery has a selection of Highland paintings and photographs both framed or unframed. We have lots of quality Highland...
- Sleeps 23Coire Glas Guest HouseRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EU
UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP - Please contact us directly for best offers and pricing, 20% winter discount on 3 or more nights - email Morven and Simon Hardiman: email@example.com or call +44(0)1397 712272Bed and Breakfast, Spean Bridge, near Fort William.Coire Glas Guest House is situated at the edge of the Village of...
- The Digital Studio - aerial photography, property photographyBen Nevis Office, Woodside, Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Aerial photography and video is a potent marketing tool. Not everyone gets it though.If you are working on a civil engineering project, or hoping to sell your beautiful home quickly, a set of aerial photographs taken by a professional photographer can make a difference.If you are working in the tourism market,...
- Inverskilavulin Lodges - self catering near Fort WilliamBanavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our two Fort William holiday lodges, Beinn Loy and Beinn Bhan are the holiday accommodation for small families and couples. Our luxury two bedroom lodges nestling at the foot of one of Scotland's Corbett hills, are quite near the Caledonian canal and the Great Glen Way, and only 9 miles from...
- Woody's Taxis Fort William29 Banff Crescent, Fort William, PH33 6TT
FROM THE BEN TO THE GLEN, AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU IN SAFETY AND COMFORT.Based in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, our location provides an excellent base for walking, climbing and sight-seeing. Our comfortable taxis will get you to your destination safely and on time.We are available...
- Glengarry Castle HotelInvergarry, PH35 4HW
Glengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich, which lies between Loch Ness and Loch Lochy at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland.Glengarry Castle Hotel is a 4 star scottish accommodation offering great...
- Ben View CottageAlveston, Lochyside, Fort William, PH33
Situated directly in front of Ben Nevis, Ben View Cottage is where Jennifer's forbears made their home after being evicted from the Loch Arkaig area during the Highland Clearances. The house has changed considerably since those far-off days (early 1800's) Now a very comfortable 3 bedroom family home, it is the...
- Sleeps 5Bed & Breakfast, Fort William - a view with a viewWoodside , Tomacharich, Fort William, PH33 6SW
Fort William short breaks and weekend breaks are available all year round. A MARVELLOUS view awaits when you book and stay at our excellent B&B in Fort William.VACANCIES THIS WEEK - 28-30th - please call to book before our rooms are gone - 01397 705897 OR 07760 166 970 - Rooms £70 per...
- Springburn Farm HouseSpringburn, Stronaba, Spean Bridge, PH34 4DX
Located a short distance from the world-famous Commando Monument above the village of Spean Bridge, our modern and comfortable 4-star bed and breakfast is a great place to stay for a few days. We offer a real Highland welcome, a comfortable ensuite room with a great breakfast served from 7am.We have...