Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guiding
Being a small company, we like to offer our clients a personalised touch. That may mean meeting you the night before for an informal chat about your trip with us the following day, picking you up and dropping you off at your accommodation, or joining you for a celebratory drink after your successful day in the mountains.
We specialise in guided ascents of Ben Nevis:
For those wishing to take a walking route to the summit, we can guide you on the Mountain Track or the more challenging but spectacular Carn Mor Dearg Arete.
We also offer guiding on some of the classic mountaineering/scrambling routes on Ben Nevis such as Ledge Route and the outstanding Tower Ridge !
For those wishing to do some rock climbing on the UK’s highest mountain, North East Buttress and Observatory Ridge are fantastic routes to the summit.
· In nearby Glencoe, the spiritual home of Scottish Mountaineering, we can offer guiding on some of the areas classic scrambles such as Curved Ridge on Buachaille Etive Mor or the (in)famous Aonach Eagach Ridge! As well as these technical routes, we can guide you on walks in Glencoe to suit all levels of experience.
We run courses in Hill skills, for those taking their first steps into the hills, as well as courses in scrambling, for the walkers who wish to become mountaineers! We also offer courses in Rock Climbing for all levels, ranging form beginners, to those wishing to lead multi-pitch climbs. Further afield, we can guide you on the mighty Cuillin Ridge on Skye with days ranging from bagging the Munros, some classic scrambles or the full Cuillin Ridge Traverse.
-The popular Ben Nevis in Winter trip
-Guided Munro walking
-Winter Skills Courses- 1 day or 2 day or tailor made
-Ben Nevis Winter Weekend- a day of skills followed by a day climbing the UK's Highest Peak in Winter!
Lochaber Guides is run by Dave Anderson. Dave holds Mountaineering Instructors Award (MIA), the highest UK instructional award for Summer mountaineering/climbing. He also holds the Winter Mountain Leader Award. More importantly though, he is super friendly and has a true passion for the mountains and his enthusiasm shines through.
Whether you are new to the mountains or experienced we are here to help you fulfil your goals in a safe, friendly and professional way. Adventure Awaits... www.lochaber-guides.co.uk
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Glencoe Mountain Guide
- Carn Mor Dearg Arete Guide
- Highly Experienced and Qualified Guides
- Rock Climbing
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Winter Skills
- Navigation training
- Winter Skills
- ben nevis guide
- glen nevis
- Guided Scrambling
- Guides Rock Climbs
- Tower Ridge
- Aonach Eagach
- Glengarry Castle HotelGlengarry Castle Hotel is a comfortable country house hotel with a jewel of a setting on the shores of Loch Oich, which lies between Loch Ness and Loch Lochy at the heart of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland.Glengarry Castle Hotel is a 4 star scottish accommodation offering great comfort and service to our guests. We are central for touring the Scottish Highlands to Inverness, Ben Nevis, Fort William,...
- Old Harbour Master's Self Catering ApartmentConveniently located in Fort William town centre, with great views overlooking Loch Linnhe, this large self catering apartment in Fort William can accommodate up to 8 people. All amenities are provided and included in the price. There is plenty of parking and the local shops, pubs and restaurants are minutes away. Take an evening stroll along the loch side and enjoy the views.Please telephone or email to check availability. Minimum of 2 nights...
- Inverskilavulin Lodges - self catering near Fort WilliamWarm and cosy lodges for between 4-6 people each, with spectacular views on Ben Nevis, Aonach Mor, the Grey Corries and much more. Both lodges are nestled away in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, located just 6 miles outside of Fort William in Glenloy at the foot of Beinn Bhan corbett. Solar powered, with water straight from Beinn Bhan river, we offer eco-friendly and sustainable holiday accommodation, in the quiet serenity...
You may be interested in
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- House of Clan Jamfrie - whisky, art, gifts129 High street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
One of Fort William's specialist retail gift shops - we have lots of quality souvenirs and a great selection of Scotch whisky - in miniature bottles, which make great gifts. Our art gallery has a selection of Highland paintings and photographs both framed or unframed. We have lots of quality Highland...
- Burnlea Bed and Breakfast Fort WilliamBurnlea, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RN
Burnlea bed and breakfast in Fort William has stunning, uninterrupted panoramic views over Loch Linnhe to the hills beyond and is just a mile's scenic walk from the shops, restaurants and pubs of Fort William. Free parking, free Wi-Fi, superb breakfasts; Highland hospitality at its best! Rooms from £79 - £110...
- Sleeps 26Calluna - Self Catering apartments and bunkhouseCalluna, Connochie Road, Fort William, PH33 6JX
Ben Nevis mountain country - Calluna self catering apartment(s) in Fort William are perfect for walkers, climbers and outdoor people. Welcome to Calluna, self-catering accommodation in the heart of the beautiful Scottish Highlands. Located above the west coast town of Fort William beneath Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Calluna provides the ideal self-catering base...
- Lochy Holiday ParkCamagheal, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Woodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven,...
- Sleeps 23Coire Glas Guest HouseRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EU
UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP - Please contact us directly for best offers and pricing, 20% winter discount on 3 or more nights - email Morven and Simon Hardiman: [email protected] or call +44(0)1397 712272Bed and Breakfast, Spean Bridge, near Fort William.Coire Glas Guest House is situated at the edge of the Village of...
- Lime Tree RestaurantLime Tree Hotel, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of...
- Lochview Guesthouse, OnichLochview Guesthouse, Bunree, Nr Onich, PH33 6SE
We have three spacious and luxurious rooms which all have king sized beds, modern, high quality bathrooms, and a comfortable seating area, where you will be served home baking with tea or coffee on arrival. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all guests. Our two largest rooms share our stunning loch view, whilst the...
- Clan Macduff HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
The Clan Macduff is a friendly, family run Fort William hotel sitting right on the banks of the picturesque Loch Linnhe. We are just 5 minutes drive from Fort William town centre and 10 minutes drive from Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain. Originally built in 1965, the hotel has always...
- Sleeps 2Distant Hills Guest House, Spean BridgeRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH34 4EU
Located in the pretty village of Spean Bridge, about 9 miles from Fort William, our comfortable 4 star guesthouse enjoys a good location in the village, within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. We are also very near Nevis Range for summer gondola trips, forest walks and mountain biking trails.Our...
- Airds Hotel & Restaurant - Luxury Boutique HotelThe Airds Hotel and Restaurant, Port Appin, Appin, PA38 4DF
The Airds Hotel & Restaurant is a romantic luxury boutique hotel located in the stunning hamlet of Port Appin, near Oban, Argyll, situated on the shore of Loch Linnhe with the Morvern mountains behind, on the West Coast of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. This luxury hotel has one of the best reputations in...
- Sleeps 4Fordon Self Catering ApartmentFordon, Badabrie, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Fordon Self Catering Apartment is both modern and fully equipped while still being cosy and comfortable allowing a peaceful and tranquil break. Fordon has stunning panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mhor with the town of Fort William and Loch Linnhe situated below and the Caledonian Canal nearby. While being...
- Lochy Holiday Camping and Touring ParkLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Lochy Holiday Park's camping and touring park provides a peaceful riverside location with great views of Ben Nevis.We have separate pitches for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes with electric hook-up if required. The park has clean, well-maintained toilets and showers, a laundry and lots of parking. Our shop stocks basic essentials...
- Woody's Taxis Fort William29 Banff Crescent, Fort William, PH33 6TT
FROM THE BEN TO THE GLEN, AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU IN SAFETY AND COMFORT.Based in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, our location provides an excellent base for walking, climbing and sight-seeing. Our comfortable taxis will get you to your destination safely and on time.We are available...
- Glencoe Mountain CottagesGleann Leac na Muidhe, Glencoe, PA49 4LA
Enjoy a lovely 4 star cottage with just the most amazing views. Our Glencoe self catering holiday cottages are wonderfully situated a mile up a secret valley off, most probably, Scotlands most photographed, magnificent and historical glen -Glencoe.The two modern and clean, semi-detached self catering holiday cottages, sit below some of...
- Gowan Brae HouseUnion Road, Fort William, PH33 6RB
A warm highland welcome awaits you at Gowan Brae which was built at the turn of the 20th century and is situated on the hillside above the town overlooking Loch Linnhe and the Treislaig Hills. We offer two double ensuite rooms and one twin room with private facilities.An extensive breakfast menu...
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageStrontian, By Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, Highlands, PH36 4JA
Honeysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every...
- Glen Nevis Caravan & Camping ParkGlen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SX
Our award-winning caravan and camping park is set in the midst of spectacular Highland scenery at the foot of Ben Nevis. Explore Glen Nevis on the many footpaths that wind through forests and alongside the River Nevis or relax on our park and enjoy the views and fresh mountain air. We...
- Off Beat Bikes117 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
Discover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff...