Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guiding
Being a small company, we like to offer our clients a personalised touch. That may mean meeting you the night before for an informal chat about your trip with us the following day, picking you up and dropping you off at your accommodation, or joining you for a celebratory drink after your successful day in the mountains.
We specialise in guided ascents of Ben Nevis:
For those wishing to take a walking route to the summit, we can guide you on the Mountain Track or the more challenging but spectacular Carn Mor Dearg Arete.
We also offer guiding on some of the classic mountaineering/scrambling routes on Ben Nevis such as Ledge Route and the outstanding Tower Ridge !
For those wishing to do some rock climbing on the UK’s highest mountain, North East Buttress and Observatory Ridge are fantastic routes to the summit.
· In nearby Glencoe, the spiritual home of Scottish Mountaineering, we can offer guiding on some of the areas classic scrambles such as Curved Ridge on Buachaille Etive Mor or the (in)famous Aonach Eagach Ridge! As well as these technical routes, we can guide you on walks in Glencoe to suit all levels of experience.
We run courses in Hill skills, for those taking their first steps into the hills, as well as courses in scrambling, for the walkers who wish to become mountaineers! We also offer courses in Rock Climbing for all levels, ranging form beginners, to those wishing to lead multi-pitch climbs. Further afield, we can guide you on the mighty Cuillin Ridge on Skye with days ranging from bagging the Munros, some classic scrambles or the full Cuillin Ridge Traverse.
-The popular Ben Nevis in Winter trip
-Guided Munro walking
-Winter Skills Courses- 1 day or 2 day or tailor made
-Ben Nevis Winter Weekend- a day of skills followed by a day climbing the UK's Highest Peak in Winter!
Lochaber Guides is run by Dave Anderson. Dave holds Mountaineering Instructors Award (MIA), the highest UK instructional award for Summer mountaineering/climbing. He also holds the Winter Mountain Leader Award. More importantly though, he is super friendly and has a true passion for the mountains and his enthusiasm shines through.
Whether you are new to the mountains or experienced we are here to help you fulfil your goals in a safe, friendly and professional way. Adventure Awaits... www.lochaber-guides.co.uk
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Glencoe Mountain Guide
- Carn Mor Dearg Arete Guide
- Highly Experienced and Qualified Guides
- Rock Climbing
- Winter Activities
- Ben Nevis Winter Skills
- Navigation training
- Winter Skills
- ben nevis guide
- glen nevis
- Guided Scrambling
- Guides Rock Climbs
- Tower Ridge
- Aonach Eagach
- Old Harbour Master's Self Catering ApartmentConveniently located in Fort William town centre, with great views overlooking Loch Linnhe, this large self catering apartment in Fort William can accommodate up to 8 people. All amenities are provided and included in the price. There is plenty of parking and the local shops, pubs and restaurants are minutes away. Take an evening stroll along the lochside and enjoy the views.No Smoking.Pets by arrangement, subject to £50 Cleaning Fee.Please telephone or...
- Na Tighean Beaga - The Little HousesSince 1976 the Matheson Family have welcomed visitors to Na Tighean Beaga, our comfortable self catering bungalows and chalets in Roy Bridge, near Fort William The experience we have gained over the years will ensure a successful and enjoyable holiday for everyone in your family or party.The SiteSome 300 metres from the village centre, our site is set amid heath and silver birch with views over Glen Spean to the Nevis...
- The Lime Tree HotelThe Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain bike track at Nevis Range, take the Jacobite steam train on the road to the Isles, or choose to immerse...
You may be interested in
- Criost's Taxiupper achintore, fort william, PH336JX
I Just recently started an environmentally friendly private hire/ taxi and want to introduce ourselves to the corporate clients as our service is unique and different in our area. I also provide Special Transportation Services including sight-seeing city tours, and transportation for special events and weddings.English and Spanish speaking....
- Glen Nevis Caravan & Camping ParkGlen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SX
Our award-winning caravan and camping park is set in the midst of spectacular Highland scenery at the foot of Ben Nevis. Explore Glen Nevis on the many footpaths that wind through forests and alongside the River Nevis or relax on our park and enjoy the views and fresh mountain air. We...
- The Lochy Bar & Restaurant Fort WilliamKilmallie Road, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BA
The Lochy Bar and Restaurant is extremely popular with locals and visitors. We are located on the edge of Caol village and near Banavie, by the Caledonian Canal - perfect for visiting yachts and visitors staying in the area.Our family restaurant offers good value, wholesome food with a tasty menu to...
- Alltonside Guest HouseALLTONSIDE GUEST HOUSE, ACHINTORE ROAD, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6RW
Alltonside is a modern 3 star guest house situated just over a mile from Fort William town centre. It commands fabulous views over Loch Linnhe and the hills beyond. We offer you a comfortable and friendly stay. Each of our six ensuite letting rooms is kept to a high standard with...
- Off Beat Bikes117 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
Discover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff...
- Torlundy HouseHappy Valley, Torlundy, Fort William, PH33 6SN
Torlundy House is a family run Guest House located in the rural settlement of Torlundy some 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Fort William in the Highlands of Scotland. Your hosts, Michael and Maxean, have been providing B&B for 14 years in Torlundy.We have lived in Torlundy for nearly 15 years now...
- 1 Day Tours in the Highlands2 Macmillan Place, Caol, Fort William, PH33 7BL
A selection of Personalised Guided Day Tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands. Highland Tours from Fort William, await you! We can take you to places you have always wanted to see - the land of Ben's, and Glen's, of wild Stag's and Golden Eagle's the highest mountains and the deepest...
- Kinchellie CroftKinchellie Croft, Roy Bridge, Highland, PH31 4AW
Kinchellie Crort provides extremely good value of money self catering holiday accommodation at the same time as offering an excellent standard of log cabins and cottages. We are located in Roy Bridge and perfect for groups looking for a good location for outdoor activities.Our three cottages sleep up to 6 people...
- Sleeps 2The Waterfront - Luxury Self-catering Apartment17 Glenloch View, Achintore Road, PH33 6TZ
This luxury self catering apartment in Fort William is new to the market and is a delight. Located by the shore of Loch Linnhe, and a short walk into town, our "just for two" self catering accommodation makes a wonderful place to stay during a visit to Fort William. Partially open-plan...
- Moorings HotelBanavie , Fort William, PH33 7LY
Celebrated as one of the most popular hotels in Fort William, the Moorings Hotel is a hidden gem, located just five minutes drive from Fort William town centre but a million miles away from every day hustle and bustle.Situated on the banks of the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune’s staircase...
- Inverskilavulin Lodges - self catering near Fort WilliamBanavie, Fort William, PH33 7PD
Our two Fort William holiday lodges, Beinn Loy and Beinn Bhan are the holiday accommodation for small families and couples. Our luxury two bedroom lodges nestling at the foot of one of Scotland's Corbett hills, are quite near the Caledonian canal and the Great Glen Way, and only 9 miles from...
- Lochy Holiday ParkCamagheal, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Woodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven,...
- Highland Taxis26 carn dearg, Fort William, PH33 6QD
Highland Taxis Ltd are based in Fort William in the heart of Lochaber.Our position on the A82 means we are the perfect choice for providing transport to and from the main transport links in Glasgow and Edinburgh from anywhere in the Highlands As a small company our main goal is customer satisfaction...
- Peter Davis - Pine Furniture | restoration and repairUnit 5, Glen Nevis Place, PH33 6DA
I am an experienced and dedicated furniture maker, furniture restoration and furniture repairer. I work in my pine furniture workshop in Fort William and make all sorts of wooden furniture and wooden tablelamps. I can design and build new wooden furniture to your own specifications; I can repair old tables and chairs, recover...
- Glenfinnan House Hotel & RestaurantGlenfinnan House, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT
Glenfinnan House Hotel stands just around the bay from the tall Bonnie Prince Charlie monument on Loch Shiel, with its lawn rolling down to the beach. The famous Glenfinnan viaduct railway bridge, used as a scene in several Harry Potter films, is a 10-minute walk away through the Glenfinnan Estate where...
- Lochy Holiday Camping and Touring ParkLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Lochy Holiday Park's camping and touring park provides a peaceful riverside location with great views of Ben Nevis.We have separate pitches for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes with electric hook-up if required. The park has clean, well-maintained toilets and showers, a laundry and lots of parking. Our shop stocks basic essentials...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Sleeps 28Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & RestaurantKilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HY
Kilcamb Lodge Hotel is a small, luxury Country House Hotel, breathtakingly situated on the shores of loch Sunart in 22 acres of natural meadow and woodland, where otters and red deer are daily visitors. Close to Fort William and all its outdoor amenities, Ardnamurchan is one of the most un-spoilt regions...