The Highland Mountain Company
Glen Nevis climbing. Low Level Walks. Abseiling.
In summer we offer:
- Glen Coe walks and the Aonach Eagach and Curved Ridge
- Off the beaten track walks including Corbetts and hard to find peaks.
- Navigation training.
- Ben Nevis ascents,
- Winter skills courses of 1,2 and 3 day duration,
- Guided winter Munros,
- Winter navigation training.
Included in our price is the use of ice axe and crampons for winter activities, helmets and harness for all climbing and abseiling activities.
Situated at the base of Ben Nevis, The Highland Mountain Company offers and delivers high quality mountain guiding and instruction in a range of mountain activities to families, friends and small groups. Whether its your first step in the mountains or looking for another adventure to add to your experience, we have something for you.
Our Guides live year round in the Highlands. They are fully qualified mountain instructors and have many years experience taking people into the mountains. Their local knowledge about the area, mountain landscape and history is second to none and they are more than eager to chat to you and show you the hidden gems of the Highlands, you never knew existed.
*Buy an activity as a gift for someone else* If you see something that you think someone else would enjoy then please get in contact and we can send a gift voucher.
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Rock Climbing
- Outdoors at New Year
- Outdoors at Christmas
- Winter Activities
- Family Activity
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Great Glen Walking
- Walking holidays
- Mountain Guides
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Guided Scrambling
- Guided Hill Walking
- Outdoor equipment storage
- The Grange Bed & BreakfastOne of Fort William's fabulous 5 star Guesthouses looks forward to welcoming you to our comfortable home. Tucked away in its own grounds overlooking Loch Linnhe Yet only 10 min walk from the town centre offering luxury rooms with both traditional and contemporary design PierreCardin and egyptian cotton bedlinen Penhaligon toiletries, fresh flowers, complimentry sherry, rolltop baths and loch views all add to the charm of this town house.From the time you...
- Ben Nevis InnSet at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides the comfort and charm, while we supply the personal, friendly service. We have a small range of beers, wines and...
- Calluna - Self Catering apartments and bunkhouseBen Nevis mountain country - Calluna self catering apartment(s) in Fort William are perfect for walkers, climbers and outdoor people. Welcome to Calluna, self-catering accommodation in the heart of the beautiful Scottish Highlands. Located above the west coast town of Fort William beneath Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Calluna provides the ideal self-catering base for your holiday, whatever you wish to do. Families, groups, couples and individuals are welcome, for a short or long...
You may be interested in
- Highland Taxis26 carn dearg, Fort William, PH33 6QD
Highland Taxis Ltd are based in Fort William in the heart of Lochaber.Our position on the A82 means we are the perfect choice for providing transport to and from the main transport links in Glasgow and Edinburgh from anywhere in the Highlands As a small company our main goal is customer satisfaction...
- Sleeps 2The Waterfront - Luxury Self-catering Apartment17 Glenloch View, Achintore Road, PH33 6TZ
This luxury self catering apartment in Fort William is new to the market and is a delight. Located by the shore of Loch Linnhe, and a short walk into town, our "just for two" self catering accommodation makes a wonderful place to stay during a visit to Fort William. Partially open-plan...
- St Andrews Guest HouseFassifern Road, Fort William, PH33 6BD
Only minutes from Fort William town centre and within walking distance of the train station and bus stance, St Andrews House is a wonderful, Victorian building and home to the Wynne Family. Originally the rectory and Choir School for St Andrews Church, which can be seen from the house.St Andrews provides...
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageStrontian, By Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, Highlands, PH36 4JA
Honeysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every...
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- Stables Restaurant & Grill Fort WilliamBank Street, Fort William, PH33 6AX
Thanks for looking at The Stables Restaurant & Grill in Fort William! We invite you to visit our restaurant and get to know our high-quality cuisine. We aim to use local produce whenever we can, not just to allow us to use the finest foods, but to help showcase the fantastic ingredients that...
- Braeburn GuesthouseBraeburn, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7LX
John and Julie Mackin look forward to welcoming you to our spacious and beautifully appointed home, where your comfort in our Fort William B&B is always our top priority. Braeburn is a family run house set in its own grounds with beautiful views of Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour Hills.All of our...
- Lime Tree RestaurantLime Tree Hotel, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of...
- Lapwing Rise Self Catering AccommodationLapwing Rise, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Situated on a working croft just over 3 miles from Fort William this bright and spacious self catering bungalow sleeps up to 7 persons and enjoys wonderful views over the Caledonian Canal to Ben Nevis and the Aonach Mor ski slopes.This holiday home is enclosed within its own garden and the...
- Glen Nevis Caravan & Camping ParkGlen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SX
Our award-winning caravan and camping park is set in the midst of spectacular Highland scenery at the foot of Ben Nevis. Explore Glen Nevis on the many footpaths that wind through forests and alongside the River Nevis or relax on our park and enjoy the views and fresh mountain air. We...
- Crolinnhe Bed and BreakfastGrange Road, Fort William, PH33 6JF
A superb, secluded Guest House with it's own extensive gardens and elevated views overlooking Loch Linnhe. This lovingly restored Victorian villa is a haven in the West Highlands of Scotland. Crolinnhe is a 5-star establishment offering exceptional levels of comfort to guests and a warm welcome with an intimate and opulent...
- Kinchellie CroftKinchellie Croft, Roy Bridge, Highland, PH31 4AW
Kinchellie Crort provides extremely good value of money self catering holiday accommodation at the same time as offering an excellent standard of log cabins and cottages. We are located in Roy Bridge and perfect for groups looking for a good location for outdoor activities.Our three cottages sleep up to 6 people...
- Clan Macduff HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
The Clan Macduff is a friendly, family run hotel sitting right on the banks of the picturesque Loch Linnhe. We are just 5 minutes' drive from Fort William and 10 minutes drive from Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain. Originally built in 1965, the hotel has always belonged to our family....
- Lochy Holiday Camping and Touring ParkLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 7NF
Lochy Holiday Park's camping and touring park provides a peaceful riverside location with great views of Ben Nevis.We have separate pitches for tents, touring caravans and motorhomes with electric hook-up if required. The park has clean, well-maintained toilets and showers, a laundry and lots of parking. Our shop stocks basic essentials...
- HighwindsHighwinds, Torlundy , Fort William, PH33 6SW
Highwinds Bed and Breakfast is in the rural settlement of Torlundy 4 miles north of Fort William with superb views towards the North Face of Ben Nevis and across farmland to the hills beyond Loch Linnhe. We recently completed a full renovation to create a high standard of luxury En-Suite rooms...
- Ardlinnhe Bed & BreakfastAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
Ardlinnhe offers a unique experience for visitors to Fort William. We have a superb location facing Loch Linnhe and three quality ensuite bedrooms to ensure your stay is a very comfortable one. With lots of private parking and only a 5 minutes walk along the lochside into the town centre, it...
- Distant Hills Guest House, Spean BridgeRoy Bridge Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH34 4EU
Located in the pretty village of Spean Bridge, about 9 miles from Fort William, our comfortable 4 star guesthouse enjoys a good location in the village, within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. We are also very near Nevis Range for summer gondola trips, forest walks and mountain biking trails.Our...