The Highland Mountain Company
In summer we offer:
- Glen Coe walks and the Aonach Eagach and Curved Ridge
- Off the beaten track walks including Corbetts and hard to find peaks.
- Navigation training.
- Ben Nevis ascents, (see our 2018 dates)
- Winter skills courses of 1,2 and 3 day duration, (see our 2018 dates)
- Guided winter Munros,
- Winter navigation training.
Included in our price is the use of ice axe and crampons for winter activities, helmets and harness for all climbing and abseiling activities.
Situated at the base of Ben Nevis, The Highland Mountain Company offers and delivers high quality mountain guiding and instruction in a range of mountain activities to families, friends and small groups. Whether its your first step in the mountains or looking for another adventure to add to your experience, we have something for you.
*Buy an activity as a gift for someone else* If you see something that you think someone else would enjoy then please get in contact and we can send a gift voucher.
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Rock Climbing
- Outdoors at New Year
- Outdoors at Christmas
- Winter Activities
- Family Activity
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Great Glen Walking
- Walking holidays
- Mountain Guides
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Guided Scrambling
- Guided Hill Walking
- Outdoor equipment storage
- Woody's Taxis Fort WilliamFROM THE BEN TO THE GLEN, AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN. WE WILL TRANSPORT YOU IN SAFETY AND COMFORT.Based in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands, our location provides an excellent base for walking, climbing and sight-seeing. Our comfortable taxis will get you to your destination safely and on time.We are available 7 days a week.We have a 4-seater and an 6-seater vehicle available....
- Lochy Holiday ParkWoodbury Lodges - suitable for up to 4 persons maximum (including babies). The Lodges are superbly built and insulated. They come with colour television, dvd player, gas water heater, hob oven and grill, fridge, living flame gas fire in lounge area, electric panel heating in bedrooms and lounge area, microwave oven, bed linen and duvets. (towels and tea-towels are not provided). Two bedrooms. - one double and one twin. Outside storage...
- Torlundy HouseTorlundy House is a family run Guest House located in the rural settlement of Torlundy some 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Fort William in the Highlands of Scotland. Your hosts, Michael and Maxean, have been providing B&B for 14 years in Torlundy.We have lived in Torlundy for nearly 15 years now so are very conversant with the area. We welcome you to our home nestling amongst Britain's highest mountains (a short...
You may be interested in
- Off Beat Bikes117 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
Discover the best of Fort William by bike! Book a quality mountain bike to enjoy great off road routes suitable for all ages and abilities.Call in to the shop on the High Street, Fort William or book online.Lots of cycle, running and outdoor swimming clothing in store along with friendly staff...
- Sleeps 10Achaderry FarmhouseAchaderry Estate, Roy Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH31 4AW
Achaderry Farmhouse is located near Roy Bridge on its own estate neighbouring Kinchellie Croft self catering holidays.The farmhouse was new on the market in 2016 and was completely refurnished for let. The property can sleep up to 10 people and has its own unique and secluded location. The view speaks for itself...
- Ben View CottageAlveston, Lochyside, Fort William, PH33
Situated directly in front of Ben Nevis, Ben View Cottage is where Jennifer's forbears made their home after being evicted from the Loch Arkaig area during the Highland Clearances. The house has changed considerably since those far-off days (early 1800's) Now a very comfortable 3 bedroom family home, it is the...
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageStrontian, By Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, Highlands, PH36 4JA
Honeysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Parade, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6AZ
The Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups...
- Ben Nevis InnAchintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE
Set at the foot of the Ben Nevis mountain footpath, the Ben Nevis Inn is a friendly restaurant with a selection of fresh, wholesome food in an informal atmosphere. Our restaurant is in a traditional, stone-built barn and provides a cosy retreat with an exciting menu. Our log burning stove provides...
- Alltonside Guest HouseALLTONSIDE GUEST HOUSE, ACHINTORE ROAD, FORT WILLIAM, PH33 6RW
Alltonside is a modern 3 star guest house situated just over a mile from Fort William town centre. It commands fabulous views over Loch Linnhe and the hills beyond. We offer you a comfortable and friendly stay. Each of our six ensuite letting rooms is kept to a high standard with...
- Alba Ben View Holiday CottageHigh View, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EG
Our self catering cottage is located just past the Commando Monument above the village of Spean Bridge - about 10 miles from Fort William town centre and Ben Nevis - a pleasant 20 minute journey. The cottage sits in its own grounds, next to the owners accommodation with superb uninterrupted views...
- The Byre Holiday CottageWhinknowe, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PB
A spacious four star cottage with one of the best views in Britain. Sleeps 4 or 5. Situated on the sunnier side of the Great Glen, it offers instant access to traffic free local walks with village amenities close at hand. Sited on a working croft. Over 50% of guests are repeat...
- Lochview Guesthouse, OnichLochview Guesthouse, Bunree, Nr Onich, PH33 6SE
We have three spacious and luxurious rooms which all have king sized beds, modern, high quality bathrooms, and a comfortable seating area, where you will be served home baking with tea or coffee on arrival. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered to all guests. Our two largest rooms share our stunning loch view, whilst the...
- Sleeps 4Luxury Cottages in Fort WilliamAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33
A Highland Cottage, redesigned and refurbished to the highest standard, yet retaining so much character combined with luxury self catering accommodation. West Lodge Self Catering has luxury bedrooms and sumptuous bathrooms. With lovely views over Loch Linnhe and adjacent to the road South it is a short distance to Fort William....
- Sleeps 19The Lime Tree HotelAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
The Lime Tree in Fort William is a Small Hotel, Restaurant and high quality Art Gallery offering you unique accommodation in a convenient location in the Highlands of Scotland. Whether you choose to relax at The Lime Tree, enjoy the spectacular mountains and landscape, bag a Munro, tackle world championship mountain...
- Ardmory Bed & BreakfastArdmory, Victoria Road, Fort William, PH33 6BH
Ardmory B&B in Fort William is a modern house with a spacious garden in a quiet street close to the town centre with private parking and convenient for railway and bus stations. There are panoramic views over Loch Linnhe and surrounding mountains. We have 2 double rooms and 1 twin room....
- Burnlea Bed and Breakfast Fort WilliamBurnlea, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RN
Burnlea bed and breakfast in Fort William has stunning, uninterrupted panoramic views over Loch Linnhe to the hills beyond and is just a mile's scenic walk from the shops, restaurants and pubs of Fort William. Free parking, free Wi-Fi, superb breakfasts; Highland hospitality at its best! Rooms from £79 - £110...
- Torlinnhe Guest HouseAchintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RW
Andy and Sue Keen would be delighted to welcome you to Torlinnhe, for an exceptional bed and breakfast experience in Fort William. Our guests’ comfort and enjoyment is our top priority! Right from the moment you call us to enquire you will find us friendly and welcoming. On arrival, relax a...
- House of Clan Jamfrie - whisky, art, gifts129 High street, Fort William, PH33 6DG
One of Fort William's specialist retail gift shops - we have lots of quality souvenirs and a great selection of Scotch whisky - in miniature bottles, which make great gifts. Our art gallery has a selection of Highland paintings and photographs both framed or unframed. We have lots of quality Highland...
- Moorings HotelBanavie , Fort William, PH33 7LY
Celebrated as one of the most popular hotels in Fort William, the Moorings Hotel is a hidden gem, located just five minutes drive from Fort William town centre but a million miles away from every day hustle and bustle.Situated on the banks of the Caledonian Canal at the famous Neptune’s staircase...
- Achnacarry Steading Apartments - self catering holidaysAchnacarry Steading Apartments, Achnacarry Estate, Spean Bridge, PH344EJ
* Weekly and 3 nights from £95 per night * Please enquire on 01397712807 or book online for weekly prices Availability/special offers are displayed on our website home pageCheck our reviews @ http://www.achnacarry.com/self-catering-accommodation/search-to-review Welcome to Achnacarry Steading Apartments - superb self catering accommodation near Fort William - located on the ancestral home of the...
- Lime Tree RestaurantLime Tree Hotel, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ
'The Lime Tree Restaurant style is one we have come to know as Fiddly Posh Scottish: Lamb with a family tree, duck that went to Gordonstoun, fish that kept its nose clean. All this technically superb, and while served in a part of the country not blessed with an abundance of...