Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Corpach, Fort William
Corpach is a village community of the main Fort William township and developed around the entrance to the Caledonian Canal
The village of Corpach is on the A830 Road to the Isles which leads west towards Loch Eil, Glenfinnan and beyond to Mallaig. During Victorian times, paddle steamers sailed up Loch Linnhe into the bay at Corpach and then into the Caledonian Canal as early travellers journeyed to Loch Ness and Inverness in the north.
Corpach grew in the 1970s as incoming workers were employed at the then new Pulp and Paper Mill. The sawmill developed and expanded as it handled growing quantities of felled trees used to make pulp and supply the building industry with timber. Small industrial units as well as boat building are also part of a thriving village.
Today, Corpach enjoys a balance of some industry and tourism in a rural area. Corpach lies at the entrance to the Caledonian Canal and so shipping and general marine activities are normal for a small community located next to a large navigable sea loch. The village has its own community centre and gardens.
A small selection of local shops, an hotel, a restaurant service the locals and visitors. There are a large number of B & Bs, guesthouses, self-catering accommodation and bunkhouses to suit everyone and since Corpach is only 15 minutes into Fort William town centre.
- Braeburn GuesthouseJohn and Julie Mackin look forward to welcoming you to our spacious and beautifully appointed home, where your comfort in our Fort William B&B is always our top priority. Braeburn is a family run house set in its own grounds with beautiful views of Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour Hills.All of our guest ensuite bedrooms are tastefully decorated and guests often comment on our `home from home’ atmosphere. Relax in our comfortable...
- Lapwing Rise Self Catering AccommodationSituated on a working croft just over 3 miles from Fort William this bright and spacious self catering bungalow sleeps up to 7 persons and enjoys wonderful views over the Caledonian Canal to Ben Nevis and the Aonach Mor ski slopes.This holiday home is enclosed within its own garden and the accommodation includes a lounge, dining room, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (one with shower and the other with a bath...
- Fordon Self Catering ApartmentFordon Self Catering Apartment is both modern and fully equipped while still being cosy and comfortable allowing a peaceful and tranquil break. Fordon has stunning panoramic views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mhor with the town of Fort William and Loch Linnhe situated below and the Caledonian Canal nearby. While being ideally based for travelling to Mallaig, the Isle of Skye, the Small Isles, Inverness, the Ardnamurachan Peninsula and Oban it...
You may be interested in
- Snowgoose Apartments, The Smiddy Bunkhouse & Blacksmiths HostelSnowgoose Apartments & The Smiddy Bunkhouse, Station Road, Corpach, Fort William, Highland, PH33 7JH
Snowgoose Apartments, The Smiddy Bunkhouse, Blacksmith’s Hostel at Snowgoose Mountain Centre offer an ideal base to independently explore the surrounding west coast of Scotland in the heart of the Scottish Highlands.Take the opportunity to take part in our adventure activities, with our unique blend of landscape and a huge variety of outdoor...
- Sleeps 4Innisfree Self Catering ApartmentInnisfree Self Catering Apartment, Badabrie, Fort William, PH33 7LX
Ideal for exploring the West Coast and Inner Isles this lovely apartment has wonderful views of Ben Nevis, Loch Linnhe and Fort William. Set in an elevated position our well furnished holiday apartment will sleep 4 guests in two bedrooms and is in an ideal base for your visit to this...
- Culacrick Guest HouseOld Banavie Road, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7PZ
Culacrick is in an elevated position with superb views towards Ben Nevis. We have three spacious bedrooms: One king-size bedroom which could also accommodate a third person with our fold down bed, a double room and one family room. The family room has a double bed and bunk beds, ideal for a...
landscaped by locals...
on the Road to the Isles
at the entrance of the Caledonian Canal
on the A830...
landscaped by locals
from the Canal entance at Corpach