Visit Fort William, Glen Nevis and Ben Nevis in the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Visit Strontian By Loch Sunart
The attractive village of Strontian on the shores of Loch Sunart gave its name to the element strontium, which was first discovered in the nearby lead mines in 1790. These...
There is a good choice of accommodation and eating out places. About two miles north of the village is the Ariundle Nature Reserve, which offers a pleasant two-hour nature trail through the glen and a 40-minute forest walk.
You can download a local walking in the Strontian area leaflet from this page.
- Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & RestaurantKilcamb Lodge Hotel is a small, luxury Country House Hotel, breathtakingly situated on the shores of loch Sunart in 22 acres of natural meadow and woodland, where otters and red deer are daily visitors. Close to Fort William and all its outdoor amenities, Ardnamurchan is one of the most un-spoilt regions in the Highlands of Scotland. Our ethos is based on a simple ideal of good food, luxury accommodation, peace, harmony...
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageHoneysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every thoughtful comfort, even extra towels for the hot tub. Dogs are welcome with care. We can leave a casserole in...
You may be interested in
- Strontian Hotel - countryside bed and breakfastStrontian, by For William, PH36 4HZ
Visit our website for details Located in the quiet village of Strontian on the Ardnamurchan peninsula, The Strontian Hotel offers comfortable bed and breakfast for those looking for a quiet stay in this wonderful, totally unspoiled environment. Our family run hotel sits by the shore of Loch Sunart - a tidal...
- Garmoran Square Self Catering CottagesGarmoran Square, Mingarry, Acharacle, PH36 4JX
Garmoran Square offers the best of both worlds - a rural getaway amid spectacular west coast scenery but with contemporary city-chic on the accommodation front. Designed to the highest standard of luxury and awarded 5 stars from Visit Scotland for Tioram and Somerled cottages and 4 star for MacRuairi and Shiel...
- Kingairloch EstateKingairloch Estate, Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AE
Kingairloch Estate has to offer a range of unique self catering properties ranging from cosy remote stone cottages through to the principal house on the estate. Properties are located throughout the whole 14,000 acres allowing guests to enjoy utter peace and quiet in accessible remoteness. Most have open fires or wood...
about 25 minutes from Fort William
in this rural communituy
the journey includes a short ferry crossing